Capital One 360 issues with one-step update and reauthorizing

Options
2»

Answers

• Fran101
    Fran101 Member ✭✭
    edited March 2022
    Options
    I still think the fee should be waived in lieu of a malfunction of Quicken One Step Update with Capital One 360. I feel strongly that this is justified. Would anybody buy something that doesn't work? Then waive the fee until such time that the issue is functioning as it should in Quicken.
  • Walt1111
    Walt1111 Member
    Options
    > @DKuo said:
    > I was able to fixed my Capital One 360 linking issue. Below are steps I took
    >
    > 1. When viewing your Capital One 360 account, click on the Setting wheel in upper right
    > 2. Select "Edit Account Details"
    > 3. Under Online Services, click on "Deactivate" button
    > 4. Repeats above steps for your other Capital One 360 accounts under same login name
    >
    > 5. (Optional Step but I did it anyway) Save the current setting and exit out of Quicken. Then relaunch Quicken
    > 6. Under Accounts, click on the + to "add account"
    > 7. Search "Capital One" and select "Capital One Bank - New" <--- Make sure you select "Capital One Bank - New" and =NOT= "Capital One 360"
    > 8. Proceed with your login credential
    > 9. You will be prompted with a list of your accounts. Instead of creating new, you link each of the account to your existing Quicken Account.
    >
    >

Thank you!! Following these exact steps worked and my Capital One Credit Card will again update!
  • jkillberg
    jkillberg Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    My weekly update to keep this thread alive. Still broken. Any updates Quicken, aside from this thread that has been ongoing since October? https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7900427/ongoing-3-16-22-capital-one-cc-901-501-502-or-prompt-to-re-authorize-accounts
  • talbout
    talbout Member
    Options
    I did what DKuo suggested and it worked this time. Previous times it did not work. Of course now my files are all jumbled so I will have to manually sort them out. Thanks
  • jbtx
    jbtx Member
    Options
    This is what worked for me - the software said reauthorize and quicken kept hanging up in the process.

1 Deactivate your online services in quicken for all applicable cap one accounts
    2. Log in online and go to Security and unlink in Linked apps
    3. Go back to quicken and set up online services

After that it worked.
  • jkillberg
    jkillberg Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    It appears Quicken finally connected successfully to Capital One for me today, good news. The bad news is, after matching / relinking all my accounts again, I now have duplicate transactions and unmatching balances to go back and fix. But *hopefully* this now stays connected and I no longer have to worry about this in the future. Any other success stories at this point?
  • Fran101
    Fran101 Member ✭✭
    Options
    The connection is not stable. My balances are all off. I really don't know where to begin because I'm not seeing where this all started. My balances were always in sync with my online accounts.
  • claudio_ferreira
    Options
    I use both Windows (work laptop) and Mac (home computer) versions for several years. The Mac has been working fine and updating my three accounts with Capital One 360 with no problems (checking, savings, money market).
    The Windows version has not been able to update the online balance and/or download new transactions for at least a month now (since Feb'22). If I download transactions from the CO360 website, yes, Quicken is able to process the downloaded file and find new transactions, but that is a very cumbersome process to run every day!!! That's not why I pay for Quicken's annual subscription. I have disconnected, re-connected (re-authorized on their website) the three accounts with CO360 several times, to no avail.
    Using Quicken since 1992.
  • Fran101
    Fran101 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Yes, very difficult situation. I spend most of my time troubleshooting. I'm finding that it's not even just Capital One 360. My other accounts like Barclay's and First National Bank of Omaha are also affected.
This discussion has been closed.