Should I just delete everything and start over?

Dale Beckes
Dale Beckes Member ✭✭
My reconciliations are way off from reality. I tried re-installing Quicken, but no change.

Answers

• Hello @Dale Beckes,

Thank you for choosing to come to the Community with your question, though I apologize you are experiencing this issue with your reconciliation.

Is this a recent issue? If so, you can always restore a backup from before the time frame that this issue occurred. 

Looking forward to hearing back from you, thanks!

Quicken Alyssa

• Dale Beckes
    Dale Beckes Member ✭✭
    This started a few months ago but increased over time. Somehow, I have duplicate accounts, too. I'm lost!
  • @Dale Beckes,

Thank you for the update. 

If the problem is less than 90 days old, and your accounts are connected to the bank downloads, you can easily restore a backup and then update the accounts.

I would suggest starting with a backup dated around the same time that you think this issue began. To restore a backup you go to File>Restore a Backup File... Once you have the backup opened, check to see if the issue is still present. If it is, then go back a little further in time and restore another backup. 

90 days is significant because usually, that is the date range of transactions sent over by any given financial institution to update your accounts in Quicken. In the event that you have to go back further than 90 days, you still have the option to download transactions from the bank's website as well, as long as it is something they offer. 

Do let us know how it goes with the backups, thanks!

Quicken Alyssa

This discussion has been closed.