Will quicken download bank acct transactions for all of 2021?

I haven't downloaded transactions before and wanted to download all of 2021. I tried to download from Chase, but it only downloaded 3 months. Is there a way to set the download for 1 year?

Best Answers

• BK
    BK Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2022 Answer ✓
    Banks typically give you 1-3 months depending on the bank.  The way you can get longer period is by going to their website > statements and download your data in a QIF or webconnect format (depending on what they have available) and save it to your desktop and then importing it into Quicken (File > File Import).  Here is an example from Bank of America:
    Adding: No guarantees how accurate the import will be, therefore make sure to create a backup of your Quicken file first in case you don't like the results so you can restore from the backup and revert back.
    - QWin Deluxe user since 2010, US subscription on Win11
    - I don't use Cloud Sync, Mobile & Web, Bill Pay/Mgr

• volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Your FI or bank controls how far back you can download. Most only go back 90 days. The rest you will have to enter manually. You might get a greater range of transactions if you go to your financial institution's website and download a different range of dates in a Web Connect .QFX file. If you manually enter older transactions, be sure to adjust the opening balance to account for them as you enter them.

See this FAQ

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7160091/faq-download-old-transactions

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

Answers

• BK
    BK Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2022 Answer ✓
    Banks typically give you 1-3 months depending on the bank.  The way you can get longer period is by going to their website > statements and download your data in a QIF or webconnect format (depending on what they have available) and save it to your desktop and then importing it into Quicken (File > File Import).  Here is an example from Bank of America:
    Adding: No guarantees how accurate the import will be, therefore make sure to create a backup of your Quicken file first in case you don't like the results so you can restore from the backup and revert back.
    - QWin Deluxe user since 2010, US subscription on Win11
    - I don't use Cloud Sync, Mobile & Web, Bill Pay/Mgr

• The most recent 3 months downloaded... Nov, Dec 2021and Jan 2022.
  • volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Your FI or bank controls how far back you can download. Most only go back 90 days. The rest you will have to enter manually. You might get a greater range of transactions if you go to your financial institution's website and download a different range of dates in a Web Connect .QFX file. If you manually enter older transactions, be sure to adjust the opening balance to account for them as you enter them.

See this FAQ

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7160091/faq-download-old-transactions

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• BK and Volvogirl - Thanks for your help!!
This discussion has been closed.