Charles Schwab Accounts

Options
Dan Miller
Dan Miller Member ✭✭✭
I have (5) Schwab accounts and the balances shown in Quicken for 4 of those accounts are about $35,000 overstated when compared to the actual $ when I go to my Schwab account online. What should I do to get the Quicken $ to the same $ as Schwab shows on their website?

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi @Dan Miller,

Can you clarify your post to indicate whether the Quicken "balances" which are "overstated" are "Securities Value", "Cash Balance" or "Total Value" amounts?  Also is the $35k a "net difference" across all 4 accounts?  For an amount that large, there should be something(s) that jumps out as being incorrect - could you give us some additional information on that which may help us to isolate the potential problem(s)?

Get back to us and we'll go from there.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Dan Miller
    Dan Miller Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Thanks, Frankx,

Yes across 4 accounts, consisting of primarily Total Value accounts. Does it make any sense to deactivate or reset these accounts on Quicken and start over fresh?

Dan
  • JeffC
    JeffC Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    If you research this forum you will find threads that discuss a major issue Quicken is having with schwabs new security procedure. I haven't been able to consistently download schwab transactions for months. I suggest you compare your transaction list to the actual to see if all is there. Also, the cash balance seems to be off occasionally. If you click on it you can type in the actual and quicken will create a transaction equivalent to the difference to correct it.
    btw, I'm no expert. But I'm a fellow schwab user.
    Cheers! Jeff
  • Dan Miller
    Dan Miller Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Thanks Jeff
  • fduryea
    fduryea Member ✭✭
    Options
    I have not been able to successfully download ant transactions since 12/31/2021. The error msg = zzz Charles Schwab. Any assistance will be appreciated. Thanks Forrest
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi @fduryea,

You may have not noticed, but Schwab (and Quicken) changed the way that Schwab accounts are downloaded into Quicken.  As a result, if you haven't already, you'll need to deactivate and then reactivate your Schwab account (or accounts) in Quicken. 

Here's a LINK to the detailed steps you'll need to take.  Before you start, you should backup your Quicken datafile, just in case.

Get back to me with any followups and/or how this goes.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• hcrow2
    hcrow2 Member ✭✭
    edited March 2022
    Options
    March 10, Frank, I've done the deactivate and reactivate3 times with Quicken Support helping [Removed - Sarcasm] - does not work. Still no solution to updating Schwab since mid November 2021.
This discussion has been closed.