Why won't Quicken Sync with NETXinvestor anymore?

When Pershing updated their log in page on 1-22-2022 Quicken has been unable to log in to Sync my accounts. It was working fine until then. When I called them (Pershing) they said it was a Quicken problem and that my log in was too long. Well, I had to put the Financial Org. # in front of the User ID to log in before. So, I tried taking that out - NOPE still getting "An error has occurred". Any ideas as to how to get the sync to work for these accounts now?

Thanks! Diane

Best Answer

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2022 Answer ✓
    Hi again @LDSaunders

BTW - there are 18 different "NETXinvestor" connections that are possible in Quicken, so narrowing that down will help us to help you.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @LDSaunders,

What method are you using to connect with this account (options are Direct Connect, Express Web Connect, or Web Connect)?  And just to be clear - are you able to login to the financial institution via the web now?  Have you used the new password to try and connect through Quicken?

Get back to us and we'll go from there.

Frankx

-  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @LDSaunders - Which Pershing link are you trying to connect with?  Pershing LLC or BNY Mellon - Pershing?  Of the two, only BNY Mellon - Pershing offers Direct Connect which is needed for downloading investment account transactions.
    Also, would you care to explain the "NETXinvestor" in your post title?  I don't understand how that factors into this based upon the text of your post.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2022 Answer ✓
    Hi again @LDSaunders

BTW - there are 18 different "NETXinvestor" connections that are possible in Quicken, so narrowing that down will help us to help you.

Frankx

• Boatnmaniac
    edited February 2022
    So NETXinvestor got bought out by Pershing, correct?
    And the NETXinvestor setup link in Quicken is no longer working with Quicken?  Is this correct?
    When you talked with Pershing, did they confirm that you should be able to download your NETXinvestor data from them?
    Did they confirm you should be using BNY Mellon - Pershing as the Financial Institution?  If not, which one did they say you should be using?
    Do you want to simply update the current account in Quicken with the new Financial Institution information so you maintain account continuity?
    Or do you wish to set up a new account in Quicken for the new Financial Institution?
    Usually when a Financial Institution is bought out by another and then merged into it they will publish conversion information letting their customers know what they need to do to get Quicken set up, again.  They did not provide you with this kind of information?

• LDSaunders
    LDSaunders Member ✭✭
    Boatmanic, Thank you for your reply. The answer to your first question is NO. No one sold or bought out anyone. Pershing is a Tech Company that manages NETXinvestor for my Financial Institution. That is what I was told by my Financial Organization and Pershing. Therefore, at log in I have to provide the Financial Organizations number that has been assigned to them. There are 3 parts to the sign in: Financial Organization #; User ID and Password. All three of those things are provided and correct. I can log into NETXinvestor on the Website and on the App via my phone using the same info that I provided in Quicken.
    Question #2: Yes and I can log in and see my account via the Web and App - just can't log in via Quicken.
    Question #3: NO - because the Financial Institution DID NOT change. As I said, all information is correct for my account EXCEPT somehow Quicken is not allowed to login.

Again - No one bought anyone out. Just a glitch between Quicken login and NETXinvestor.

Thank you for trying though.
  • LDSaunders
    LDSaunders Member ✭✭
    FrankX: Thanks for the reply. Quicken has always used Direct Connect with no problem. Yes, I know that NETXinvestor has many Organizations in it's program. I have to provide the Financial Organization #; User ID and Password to log in (always did and that is what the Website calls for now too). I can access my account via the Website and the App on my Iphone with no problem. Yes - I have changed the password on the Website, in the App and in Quicken.
    FYI: when I first log in from a device it requires a Validation Code that is sent to me. I have gotten it and entered it into my phone and the Computer (desktop) where Quicken is used. Each device gets a new code at the first log in. The validation code is good for 120 days. However, Quicken still can not log in. I get "An error has occurred". Pershing told me that the user ID was too long. Well, it works on the Website and the App just fine and has not changed since the account was set up in NETXinvestor. NOW - in Quicken I had to enter the 3 digit Financial Org # into the User ID slot before. So I thought that might be the the problem. I tried removing that from the Quicken login - NOPE. I'm sure that is why it was too long for their log in now - but where would it go? NETXinvestor needs that 3 digit code to find my accounts per their Website. I did notice that the APP does not have it in it's ID login. Ideas?
    Thanks! Diane
  • Boatnmaniac
    Boatmanic, Thank you for your reply. The answer to your first question is NO. No one sold or bought out anyone. Pershing is a Tech Company that manages NETXinvestor for my Financial Institution. That is what I was told by my Financial Organization and Pershing. Therefore, at log in I have to provide the Financial Organizations number that has been assigned to them. There are 3 parts to the sign in: Financial Organization #; User ID and Password. All three of those things are provided and correct. I can log into NETXinvestor on the Website and on the App via my phone using the same info that I provided in Quicken.
    Question #2: Yes and I can log in and see my account via the Web and App - just can't log in via Quicken.
    Question #3: NO - because the Financial Institution DID NOT change. As I said, all information is correct for my account EXCEPT somehow Quicken is not allowed to login.

Again - No one bought anyone out. Just a glitch between Quicken login and NETXinvestor.

Thank you for trying though.
    Sorry, but I'm having a very difficult time following you.
    You said no one bought out anyone but earlier you'd posted that your bank (I'd assumed that is who was the investment company) had gotten bought out and wanted to know how to update the numbers for it.  So is that comment not applicable to this discussion?  If it is applicable, please explain how it is.
    Who is the Financial Institution?
    Exactly which Quicken setup link are you trying to set up the account with?    
    If I or @Frankx or anyone else is going to be able to offer some assistance we really need some clarity on these things.

• LDSaunders
    LDSaunders Member ✭✭
    Boatnmanic. NO - I didn't post anything about my bank - that was a post by someone else. Frankx was answering my question - not the other persons. You saw my post and someone else's. I saw that there was another post asking how to change her routing number and bank info right below my question. You are confused. Here is the post by someone else about the BANK right below my question: "
    lgdavis Member ✭
    February 2
    My bank got bought out. I need to change the download information for my accounts. ie new routing number. How can I do that?"

Thanks! Diane
  • LDSaunders
    LDSaunders Member ✭✭
    Boatnmanic - NETXinvestor is the program I go through to see and download my account information from my stock brokerage firm.
  • Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmanic. NO - I didn't post anything about my bank - that was a post by someone else. Frankx was answering my question - not the other persons. You saw my post and someone else's. I saw that there was another post asking how to change her routing number and bank info right below my question. You are confused. Here is the post by someone else about the BANK right below my question: "
    lgdavis Member ✭
    February 2
    My bank got bought out. I need to change the download information for my accounts. ie new routing number. How can I do that?"

Thanks! Diane
    Yes, I did misread it and I'm sorry about that.  Thank you for point this out.

• LDSaunders
    LDSaunders Member ✭✭
    Frankx: It worked today. I was able to send the error report in Quicken to them and it appears Quicken fixed it because today it works. Thank you and Boatnmanic for trying to help me.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @LDSaunders

Glad to hear that it is working! Take care.

Frankx

This discussion has been closed.