Schwab Bank Downloads Failing after Setting Symantec VIP OTP (One Time Password)

Set up Symantec VIP OTP (One Time Password) on Schwab. All my brokerage accounts worked fine after Quicken relogin, but my Schwab Bank download failed and continues to fail saying "Schwab may be down" and "The system may be unavailable ... Try again later".

Answers

• Here is the error.
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Here is the error.
    Hello @kimardenmiller

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue with downloads. Thank you for drawing the attention of the Quicken Community to this matter.

Before I go any further with troubleshooting recommendations, I do have a question about this problem. Do you know if the instance used to link your Charles Schwab accounts to online banking services might have changed when the VIP OTP password was setup? Also, what Connection Type are you using? You can always check this by going to Accounts > Settings > Downloads in the menu at the top of the screen while Quicken is open with one of the affected accounts selected in the Account List on the left-hand panel. 

I look forward to your reply and hope to continue working with you on this issue in this discussion, if necessary. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • SOLVED: Not sure why it failed the first time, but solved by:

1. Removing download preference from all Schwab accounts, then

2. Accounts > New > Investments > Brokerage > Charles Schwab & Co. > (Select Link to connect existing accounts to my brokerage and Schwab Bank accounts).
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    SOLVED: Not sure why it failed the first time, but solved by:

1. Removing download preference from all Schwab accounts, then

2. Accounts > New > Investments > Brokerage > Charles Schwab & Co. > (Select Link to connect existing accounts to my brokerage and Schwab Bank accounts).
    @kimardenmiller,      

I am ecstatic to hear that the problem seems to have been resolved, and I thank you so much for contacting the Quicken Community again to bring us the resolution you uncovered. This information is always helpful. 

Feel free to reach out to the Quicken Community with any additional questions or concerns you may have in the future.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 

This discussion has been closed.