When I expand a security can I sort all of the acquisition dates in chronological order?

Frank Perry
Frank Perry Member
edited March 2022 in Investing (Mac)
They are currently listed in seemingly random order making it more difficult than necessary which portions of the holdings are short term versus long term. Sorting the individual buys and cost basis in order of acquisition dates would make it more useful.

Best Answer

• Jon
    Jon SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited February 2022 Answer ✓
    Yes, but it's a little bit counterintuitive. You sort by date by clicking on the Name header. When you do that, it sorts the portfolio by name but it also sorts the individual purchases by date. A caret appears on the right edge of the header to indicate whether they're sorted in ascending order or descending. 

Quicken Mac subscription. Quicken user since 1990.

Answers

• Jon
    Jon SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited February 2022 Answer ✓
    Yes, but it's a little bit counterintuitive. You sort by date by clicking on the Name header. When you do that, it sorts the portfolio by name but it also sorts the individual purchases by date. A caret appears on the right edge of the header to indicate whether they're sorted in ascending order or descending. 

Quicken Mac subscription. Quicken user since 1990.

• Thank you Jon; thats exactly what I was looking for. I previously sorted by Symbol.
This discussion has been closed.