How can I set recurring income on an account

Options
Hello - I am using Quicken Deluxe R38.29 in Windows. I am trying to set up a recurring monthly payment to an account which I have to update manually (this is not a bill, it's an income). I tried to set up a Manual Bill but it only works for payments made, not payments received. I went to the "Bill and Income Reminders" and tried to add an income but it only allows adding bills. I tried to trick the system by entering a negative amount but Quicken automatically changes it back to a positive amount. The way I was able to solve the problem was to go to "Bill and Income Reminders", then "All Bills and Deposits" and then it gives you the option to make the transactions recurring. I picked up an income transaction from another account and changed it to the account I wanted. This seems very convoluted and I was wondering (a) Is the behavior due to my Quicken version and (b) Is there a better way to do this?

Best Answer

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    ASquare said:
    I went to the "Bill and Income Reminders" and tried to add an income but it only allows adding bills.
    You can add income reminders quite easily.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

Answers

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    ASquare said:
    I went to the "Bill and Income Reminders" and tried to add an income but it only allows adding bills.
    You can add income reminders quite easily.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• ASquare
    ASquare Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thank you Rocket J Squirrel. I had seen that option but I wanted the entry automatically added rather than just a reminder. I now see that on the optional settings, it is possible to automatically enter the transaction in the register when it is due. I am not sure why Quicken treats Bill differently than Income and Transfers when effectively we can do the same. Thanks for the help!
This discussion has been closed.