Capital One CC-501 Fix

Gary
Gary Member ✭✭✭
For what it's worth, the Capital One repeating reauthorization request and CC-501 error has been haunting me since late December 12, 2021. Quicken's instructions to Deactivate and Reactivate the account did not fully work for me. Instead I did this:
  1. Right Click Capital One account->Edit/Delete->Online Services->Reset Account. (no account data will be deleted.)  (this process attempted to but did not enable me to re-authorize the account successfully).  I then deactivated and reactivated the account. Still no success.

2. This worked: In the Accounts list, I clicked the + sign to add a new account. I followed the prompts, but instead of naming a new account, I linked to the existing Capital One credit card account. 
On completion, Quicken downloaded all transactions since the last successful connection back in December 2021. Updates are working.

I have no idea how or why this works, and I don't know why Quicken Support does not mention this simple but effective procedure for fixing the CC-501 error (This error is accompanied with the message that Quicken Servers are unreachable and to NOT contact the financial institution. 

I posted this info for future reference should others encounter a similar issue. 

Comments

• Sour Wife
    Sour Wife Member ✭✭
    edited February 2022
    Followed the above steps. "Ooops. We're having a problem. CC-501"

I am glad for you you have a resolution and hopefully it will stick. Quicken has completely blown out the account that was working today. [Removed - Off Topic/Unhelpful]
  • JSL
    JSL Member ✭✭
    I've had the same results as 'Sour Wife'. I don't understand why it's taking Quicken and/or Capital One to resolve this issue.
This discussion has been closed.