What does a blue line separating transactions at bottom of register indicate? [Edited]

dbweb
dbweb Member
The transactions below it are highlighted as well. This showed up after going back to a previous month activity and downloading some missing transactions.

[edited for Readability]
Tagged:

Answers

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you referring to the blue line that you see in registers that indicates the separation of transactions into "today and before" versus "after today?"
    Or, maybe you're referring to the empty transaction down at the bottom of the register where you go to enter "new" transactions?   Then there's also a blue line below the title "Downloaded Transactions" where transactions downloaded but not automatically accepted into the register live until you select them to allow their entry into the register.  Or maybe something else?
  • dbweb
    dbweb Member
    This is the situation that I see as you illustrated, but not in the fashion you spoke of. The transactions below the blue line were from more than a month prior, and I could do nothing to get them to move into proper date sequence, or show up on the totals displayed on the left of home page for all registers. I finally had to duplicate these as new transactions, with a slightly different transaction ID and delete those under this blue line to resolve this. Very frustrating as nothing other seemed to work!
  • Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    "I could do nothing to get them to move into proper date sequence, or show up on the totals displayed on the left of home page for all registers."
    From the sounds of it it seems like those transactions might have had future dates in the Date field.  Was that the case or did they have "last month's" dates in the Date field? The fact that the transactions weren't reflected in the Account Bar (assuming you have the Account Bar set to "Show current balance") does suggest that Quicken was looking at them as future transactions.
    What sorting option do you use? 
    Are you allowing downloaded transactions to be automatically accepted?
    As far as I know neither the Downloaded ID nor the Downloaded Reference fields can be edited so maybe you're referring to something else by "transaction ID?"
    This is a head scratcher and having a picture of a register as you describe it might have been helpful, though it's too late now.   We'll just have to hope it never happens again.
This discussion has been closed.