Changing investment holdings in a retirement account with simple sync

Options
My 403(b) company allows for simple syncing but it doesn't appear to change my investment holdings. For example, when I hit the sync button it refreshes the values of my holdings but it doesn't update the holdings after a rebalance within my account (sold some funds and purchased others). Do I need to manually delete and enter or is there some way to make sync actually update the specific holdings in my retirement portfolio?

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DrDLove said:
    My 403(b) company allows for simple syncing but it doesn't appear to change my investment holdings. For example, when I hit the sync button it refreshes the values of my holdings but it doesn't update the holdings after a rebalance within my account (sold some funds and purchased others). Do I need to manually delete and enter or is there some way to make sync actually update the specific holdings in my retirement portfolio?
    Hello @DrDLove

Thank you for bringing the subject of investment tracking in Quicken for Mac up for discussion here on the Quicken Community.

First, I want to ask: are you referring to Simple Tracking when you say 'simple syncing?' If so, simple tracking can only monitor the positions themselves and does not include transaction data of any kind. In that case, it would be necessary to update the holdings if they are being affected by these purchases or sales. Otherwise, you can change the account tracking method to Detailed Tracking by following the steps below.

1. Select the account you want to change, then select Accounts menu → Settings. The Account Settings window will appear.
    2. Select the Details tab if it is not already selected.
    3. Under Investment Tracking Method, select either Simple (Positions Only) or Detailed (Positions and Transactions).
    4.  Select Done. It's a good idea to update your investment accounts after you have made this change.
    I hope that is helpful, and I look forward to any further correspondence you may be able to provide.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
This discussion has been closed.