Unable to Install Latest Update [Edited]

Why won't my Quicken download the latest update?

Answers

• Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @gene_paris34

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community. We apologize you are having this issue. To better assist you more information is needed. For instance, what error codes or messages are you getting? Also, what version of Windows are you running? 

Please elaborate further so that we may provide the proper guidance. 

-Quicken Paloma
  • HalScoggins
    HalScoggins Member ✭✭✭
    I can download the latest updates, but they won't install. I get this error:

"The process cannot access the file 'C:\ProgramData\Quicken\Inet\Common\patch\quickenPatch\w1159\base\RPMMigration\MigrationTool.exe' because it is being used by another process."

The last time this happened, I downloaded and ran QCLEAN, uninstalled Quicken, and downloaded and installed the latest version. Now I have the same problem. I hope I'm not going t have to go through all that every time there is an update.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    I can download the latest updates, but they won't install. I get this error:

"The process cannot access the file 'C:\ProgramData\Quicken\Inet\Common\patch\quickenPatch\w1159\base\RPMMigration\MigrationTool.exe' because it is being used by another process."

The last time this happened, I downloaded and ran QCLEAN, uninstalled Quicken, and downloaded and installed the latest version. Now I have the same problem. I hope I'm not going t have to go through all that every time there is an update.
    Before attempting to apply a Quicken program update, I suggest you temporarily disable the anti virus program you are using.
  • HalScoggins
    HalScoggins Member ✭✭✭
    > @Sherlock said:
    > Before attempting to apply a Quicken program update, I suggest you temporarily disable the anti virus program you are using.

Well that did the trick, but it's a bit unnerving running "naked" like that. Seems as though such programs could be made to play nice with the major anti virus software.

Thanks.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    > @Sherlock said:
    > Before attempting to apply a Quicken program update, I suggest you temporarily disable the anti virus program you are using.

Well that did the trick, but it's a bit unnerving running "naked" like that. Seems as though such programs could be made to play nice with the major anti virus software.

Thanks.
    I suggest you report the issue to the providers of the anti virus program you are using.
This discussion has been closed.