Can't download transactions

Several days ago a pop-up appeared stating that my subscription was about to expire. I clicked the link in Quicken (Windows) but couldn't remember my password. I closed the link to return later to renew. Since that day, Feb 4th, nothing has downloaded when I try to update accounts. I renewed yesterday, hoping that would fix my problem, but it did not. (My account renews March 22nd.) Any suggestions???

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Several days ago a pop-up appeared stating that my subscription was about to expire. I clicked the link in Quicken (Windows) but couldn't remember my password. I closed the link to return later to renew. Since that day, Feb 4th, nothing has downloaded when I try to update accounts. I renewed yesterday, hoping that would fix my problem, but it did not. (My account renews March 22nd.) Any suggestions???
    Hello @RickFlournoy,

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue with downloads. Thank you for bringing this problem to the attention of the Quicken Community.

Just so I understand: are you still seeing the pop-up regarding a renewal, even after going through the steps of renewing your subscription? Also, are you noticing any error messages when you try to download transactions or update accounts? 

It may benefit you to sign out of your data file and then sign back in. First, save a backup by going to File > Copy or Backup File in the upper menu at the top of the screen. Next, follow the steps below:

1. Navigate to Edit
    2. Preferences...
    3. Quicken ID & Cloud accounts
    4. Click Sign in as a different user (or it might say Sign in using a different Quicken ID)
    5. Follow the prompts to Sign Out
    6. Sign back in using your Quicken ID (email) and password
    I hope to hear back from you about this, and I intend to continue working with you on this problem here in this discussion.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • RickFlournoy
    RickFlournoy Member ✭✭
    I've signed out and back in. Quicken had an update, so I installed it. Presently, when I try to update my accounts the dialogue box opens, I click "Update Now" and the box closes. That's all. The last time my accounts updated was Feb 4, 2022.
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2022
    I've signed out and back in. Quicken had an update, so I installed it. Presently, when I try to update my accounts the dialogue box opens, I click "Update Now" and the box closes. That's all. The last time my accounts updated was Feb 4, 2022.
    @RickFlournoy,

Thank you for following up with me and providing additional information about the situation. I am sorry that the problem is reoccurring. 

Are you making use of any pop-up blockers or antivirus software? Are there any Virtual Private Networks (VPNs) in use? It may be necessary to remove or disable any pop-up blockers or antivirus applications in use. Reconfiguring the settings for your Firewall and any VPNs you may be utilizing could be necessary, as well.

I hope this is helpful, and I look forward to continuing to work on this with you. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • RickFlournoy
    RickFlournoy Member ✭✭
    No popup blockers, no firewalls, and no VPNs.
  • Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @RickFlournoy

Thank you for your response and pardon the delay in ours. Could you please uninstall and reinstall Quicken? 

For instructions on un/reinstalling Quicken please click here. When you have a moment please attempt the steps from the Help Article and let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Paloma
This discussion has been closed.