One step update corrupts file

Jerry2
Jerry2 Member ✭✭
Since January, quicken Deluxe desktop windows has been a disaster.
Following One step update of transactions there are missing transactions in several account, transactions in the wrong accounts, a complete mess. I have validated and supervalidated with no help. Went back to a backup file and the transaction updates recreate the problem.
I've spent hours manually entering missing transactions and correcting placeholders. I see on this forum that others have had similar problems. Quicken has really messed up this time. I'm at my wits end. What is going on?

Answers

  • Jerry2
    Jerry2 Member ✭✭
    edited February 18
    [Removed - Rant/Unhelpful]
  • Jerry2
    Jerry2 Member ✭✭
    I am sorry. It is out of frustration and hours and hours of finding and manually entering transactions that did not download.
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Moderator mod
    Jerry2 said:
    I am sorry. It is out of frustration and hours and hours of finding and manually entering transactions that did not download.
    Hello @Jerry2

    I do apologize for the frustration and distress caused by this issue with One Step Updates. Thank you for seeking assistance with this problem here on the Quicken Community.

    Have any of your online accounts being affected recently had usernames or passwords changed, either by yourself or the banking institution? Also, where is the active data file you are using currently located? You can check this anytime by going to File > Show this file on my computer in the upper menu at the top of the screen. 

    I am eager to hear back from you, if you should have the chance to check in with the Quicken Community once again.

    Thank you,

    Quicken Jared 
  • Jerry2
    Jerry2 Member ✭✭
    Thank you for folowing up Jared.
    There have been no password or username changes.
    The data files are all on the same hard drive. This problem (missing transactions in the Quicken download) has happened previously usually once every 6 months or so. When it happens it is very time consuming to settle the resulting placeholders by finding the missing transactions in the broker's account activity reports which I download from the broker house.

    Now I have finished manually entering the missing transactions so I'm back to normal. I have also backed up and "reset" the Quicken online settings for each account in case these settings were corrupted somehow. I have not yet had a chance to retry a One Step Update again to see if the problem continues or not. I will in a couple of days to see. But as I said, this problem tends to happen at irregular intervals. I am uptodate with all Quicken updates.

    Someone mentioned that I could import a qfx file downloaded from my broker to avoid the manual entering of missing transactions, but download of such a file is not longer available from my broker. They only provide excel downloads. So that is not an option.

    Anything else I should do?
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Moderator mod
    Jerry2 said:
    Thank you for folowing up Jared.
    There have been no password or username changes.
    The data files are all on the same hard drive. This problem (missing transactions in the Quicken download) has happened previously usually once every 6 months or so. When it happens it is very time consuming to settle the resulting placeholders by finding the missing transactions in the broker's account activity reports which I download from the broker house.

    Now I have finished manually entering the missing transactions so I'm back to normal. I have also backed up and "reset" the Quicken online settings for each account in case these settings were corrupted somehow. I have not yet had a chance to retry a One Step Update again to see if the problem continues or not. I will in a couple of days to see. But as I said, this problem tends to happen at irregular intervals. I am uptodate with all Quicken updates.

    Someone mentioned that I could import a qfx file downloaded from my broker to avoid the manual entering of missing transactions, but download of such a file is not longer available from my broker. They only provide excel downloads. So that is not an option.

    Anything else I should do?
    @Jerry2,

    Thank you for being so thorough in bringing me this additional information and keeping me posted about the situation. I am sorry there has not been a clear resolution just yet.

    At this stage, it sounds as though all of the glaring issues involving the register have been attended to. I am more concerned about the One Step Update process and the results associated with it. I am most eager to hear if you are able to successfully update your accounts and download transactions without duplicates appearing or being placed in the wrong account. I am hesitant to recommend any additional troubleshooting steps until the outcome of this has been determined.

    I look forward to any follow-up you may be able to provide, should you have the chance to check in with the Quicken Community again.

    Thank you,

    Quicken Jared 
  • Jerry2
    Jerry2 Member ✭✭
    One step update is now working correctly.
    I am hoping that the resetting I did of each account's online settings helped but time will tell if it is not an underlying periodic problem with Quicken's servers or software.
This discussion has been closed.