Online Account SetUp with Wrong Currency

I use Quicken windows with multiple currency support (BRL and USD). I created a new investment account connected to my TDAmeritrade (USD). It all went well, and the connection was established. The absolute values are correct, but the currency is wrong. Instead of USD, Quicken is showing BRL (Brazilian Reais). Since I'm transferring in/out of this account from/to a USD-based account, Quicken requests conversion of currencies. And even if use 1:1 to make it go through, all other stats and reports are wrong for the internal currency conversion Quicken rightly does.

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    I use Quicken windows with multiple currency support (BRL and USD). I created a new investment account connected to my TDAmeritrade (USD). It all went well, and the connection was established. The absolute values are correct, but the currency is wrong. Instead of USD, Quicken is showing BRL (Brazilian Reais). Since I'm transferring in/out of this account from/to a USD-based account, Quicken requests conversion of currencies. And even if use 1:1 to make it go through, all other stats and reports are wrong for the internal currency conversion Quicken rightly does.
    Hello @Luis Goncalves

I apologize for any issues caused by this problem with currency conversion, and thank you for getting in contact with the Quicken Community for discussion and support regarding this matter.

I want to be sure I understand the situation correctly; were you able to convert to USD successfully? Also, what, specifically, is wrong in the in the reports? Just for reference, changing the currency of an existing account would be made possible by going through the steps listed just below:

1. From the Quicken Tools menu, choose Account List.
    2. Click Add Account.
    3. Select the account type under the Cash Flow heading and click Next.
    4. Enter an Account Name that differs from the original account, select the Financial Institution, and then click Next.
    5. Select the desired Currency, click Next, and then click Done.

Note: Leave the 0.00 in the Ending Balance field.

6. Double-click the original account in the Account List window to open its register.
    7. Click Transfer.
    8. Select the account you created in step 5 from the To Account drop-down list.
    9. Enter the ending balance from the original account in the Amount field, and then click OK.
    10. If necessary, change the amount displayed for the new currency, and then click OK.
    I look forward to any response you may be able to provide, should you have the opportunity to check back in with us here on the Quicken Community. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
This discussion has been closed.