Error in downloading investments

Options
Mark256
Mark256 Member ✭✭
I have my retirement accounts in Prudential. For over 15 years my accounts were updated to the penny. Recently I received an error message from Quicken that my password was no longer able to log me in. Sure enough I tried to log in to my account over the web and I was told my password had expired. This has been my pass for 15 years. So I changed the password and updated this new pass to Quicken. Now when i try to update my accounts Quicken says "The account is not authorized for this request [OL-306-A]. The only thing that has changed is the password. I called Prudential and was on the phone for two hours. Most of the operators told me they did not know what Quicken is (highly unlikely) and when i did reach the Quicken department the operator suddenly claimed she could no longer hear me; hello hello click. Wow Prudential is extremely inept! Can anyone here tell me how to make Quicken recognize my two retirement accounts?

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited February 2022
    Options
    Hello @Mark256,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

Error OL-306 is usually caused by an issue on the financial institution's server and often requires an escalation to be filed on their end. However, it can sometimes be resolved by deactivating the accounts and reactivating through Add Account.

To do so, please follow the steps found in this support article to deactivate. Once deactivated, to reactivate through Add Account, navigate to Tools > Add Account..., search for your Financial Institution name and follow the prompts to connect. Once your account(s) have been found, be sure to link them to the existing account(s) you have already set up in Quicken.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Mark256
    Mark256 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thank you Amja. If I deactivate the account will I loose data? I have over 20years of stock transactions in there.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options
    Thank you for your response!

No, deactivating the account will not cause you to lose any data. However, if you want to play it safe before proceeding, I recommend saving a backup of your data file, just in case. Should anything happen, the backup will allow you to revert back to the state your data file was in prior to any changes being made.

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.