How can I get back Bills and Income Reminders underneath my account registers?

Mitz51
Mitz51 Member ✭✭
I'm having multiple problems with my Quicken for Windows subscription over the past three or four days. Quicken phone support and Quicken Chat support have both failed to resolve them. Here's the latest: Bill and Income Reminders, which normally reside beneath account registers, have disappeared from six of my seven bank and credit card registers. Only one credit card register displays these reminders as all of my registers used to (and that account is red-flagged as if there were an unaccepted downloaded transaction when there is no such transaction anywhere).

When I go to the Bills tab, then Manage Bill and Income Reminders, all the bills and deposit reminders are present. How can I get them back under each register as they always have before?

I have screen shots of both these problems, but there seems to be no option to upload them on this forum.

Many thanks for any suggestions anyone might have!

Mitzi

Best Answer

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hi @Mitz51,

To upload those screen shots you simply need to "drag & drop" them into the comment box and then hit "Post Comment"

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hi @Mitz51,

To upload those screen shots you simply need to "drag & drop" them into the comment box and then hit "Post Comment"

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Mitz51
    Mitz51 Member ✭✭
    Update: I've discovered that you can get Bill and Income Reminders to reappear under your bank or credit card registers by turning off Automatic Entry under each account in Tools > Account List > Online Services. The red flag has also disappeared from the previously red-flagged credit card account. We will see what happens the next time I have transactions to download.
  • Mitz51
    Mitz51 Member ✭✭
    Thanks to Frankx for telling me how to upload screen shots to the Quicken forum! I'm waiting until I have new transactions to download and accept to see if my original problem has been solved. I.e., whether or not transactions will download normally for me to accept one by one. The problem having been that there have been no downloaded transactions even though several accounts have been red-flagged. Hoping for the best!
  • DannyB52
    DannyB52 Member ✭✭
    I was wondering what happened to the nifty bills and reminders window in my registers. Thanks for posting. I’ll follow the steps you outlined and see if that works for me too.
    B) Danny
    QW Subscription, R38.30, Windows 10 Home
  • Mitz51
    Mitz51 Member ✭✭
    Good luck, Danny. Unfortunately, I have just discovered that the changes I made the other day did not solve my original problem. Namely, update still isn't working properly.

When I update by clicking the Update Accounts icon at the top of the Account Bar, the report says I have one new transaction in my credit card account, which is red-flagged, as is normal. What it NOT normal is that 0 transactions were downloaded to accept, and the red flag remains attached to that account. This is incredibly discouraging! Whether or not this could be pertinent, I'm on a Windows 11 PC.
  • DannyB52
    DannyB52 Member ✭✭
    Quicken can be quirky. I tried out YNAB last year but decided to come back to Quicken because I wanted the ability to track all my finances which YNAB is not set up to do. One of the features I was missing when I set up Quicken a few months ago was the "Downloaded Transactions" and "Bill and Income Reminders" tabs at the bottom of my various registers. I didn't think to look in the "Online services" tab to restore this feature. I don't know what to think about the red flagged missing transaction for your one account. Maybe try either resetting online services for that account or manually deactivate it and then reactivate it.
    B) Danny
    QW Subscription, R38.30, Windows 10 Home
  • Mitz51
    Mitz51 Member ✭✭
    Thanks, Danny. I'll try that. Just FYI, I performed a Validate on my file and it came back error free.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Just for the record ...

The Bill and Income Reminders tab and the Downloaded Transactions tab do not show at the bottom of the register if the account has been set to "automatically accept downloaded transactions into your register".

Where are the "Auto-accept downloaded transaction" settings?
    There are two places where this is controlled in Quicken for Windows:
     - Globally, for all accounts, in Edit / Preferences / Downloaded Transactions
     - For each account individually, the global setting can be overridden from the Edit Account Details screen, Online Services Tab. Look for blue text "Automatic Entry is: ON / OFF". Click the text to change the setting.

• Mitz51
    Mitz51 Member ✭✭
    Thanks, UKR. I've switched to "automatic download" the credit card account that was red-flagged this morning even though there was no downloaded transaction to accept. (Despite the fact that the download report one has to close before returning to the account registers to accept downloaded transactions indicated that there WAS one downloaded transaction.) The red flag has gone away. I'll just have to wait and see how the account behaves next time a transaction decides to download.
  • Rick Fisher
    Rick Fisher Member ✭✭✭
    I killed download transactions on a file but the scheduled transactions did not reappear. When you don't download, there is no entry choices. Only the Show Reminders For options work and that is not as good.
  • Mitz51
    Mitz51 Member ✭✭
    I have had two online support sessions with Quicken about this problem. The first person accessed my Quicken program remotely and showed me what to do by way of a shiny, flashing red dot on my screen. At the end of the session, she told me the problem was solved. The next time I downloaded transactions, the problem was NOT SOLVED.

The second time I got help, a determined Quicken associate stayed on the phone with me for a VERY long time. He tried valiantly to get things working properly. Unlike the first technician, he realized that he had failed. He said he would submit a problem ticket and told me to do the same by way of the Help > Report a problem... tab within Quicken. I have not yet done so, because I have been crazily busy. But I will try to do it this weekend.

Believe me, if I ever get this function working properly again, I will post the solution to this forum!
This discussion has been closed.