Old account opening on start up

Options
I have an old account that opens up on start up. I don't want to delete it as it is still an active account, just not my primary one. How do I get the primary account I use to open up when I start the program?

Best Answer

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi @Dennis Irvin

To get a particular account to open up when you start Quicken (or to change the account to another account - in your case) follow these steps:

1) Go to "Edit" > "Preferences";
    2) In the "Startup Location" box on the right click on the down arrow;
    3) Then page down to the "Bank Accounts" section and click on the bank account that you want Quicken to open on startup - (See the Snip below);
    4) Click "OK".

The next time you start up Quicken, that bank account will open.

Let me know if you have any followups.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi @Dennis Irvin

To get a particular account to open up when you start Quicken (or to change the account to another account - in your case) follow these steps:

1) Go to "Edit" > "Preferences";
    2) In the "Startup Location" box on the right click on the down arrow;
    3) Then page down to the "Bank Accounts" section and click on the bank account that you want Quicken to open on startup - (See the Snip below);
    4) Click "OK".

The next time you start up Quicken, that bank account will open.

Let me know if you have any followups.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Dennis Irvin
    Options
    Thank you Frank. That was easy. I didn't look hard enough.
  • Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello @Dennis Irvin

Thank you for your response. We are glad that you were able to find an answer! If you have any other questions or concerns, please let us know. 

-Quicken Paloma
This discussion has been closed.