Transactions Missing After Using Create A Copy

Options
Westley
Westley Member ✭✭✭
I've been using Quicken forever and my data file was getting bloated, so at the end of the year I did a "Create A Copy" and told it to keep the last three years' worth of data. Everything seemed fine until I just now went to look for a transaction that happened back in October 21.

There are a whole bunch of transactions in the account I was looking in for that time period except for the one that I was searching. I loaded the original data file and there it was.

So, now I'm stuck since I've got two months of entries in one file but I can't trust anything past January 1, 2022 and have to load the old file to be able to look at historical entries.

Has anyone else had this problem? I feel like I should never attempt to trim my data file again.

Thanks!

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Westley said:
    I've been using Quicken forever and my data file was getting bloated, so at the end of the year I did a "Create A Copy" and told it to keep the last three years' worth of data. Everything seemed fine until I just now went to look for a transaction that happened back in October 21.

There are a whole bunch of transactions in the account I was looking in for that time period except for the one that I was searching. I loaded the original data file and there it was.

So, now I'm stuck since I've got two months of entries in one file but I can't trust anything past January 1, 2022 and have to load the old file to be able to look at historical entries.

Has anyone else had this problem? I feel like I should never attempt to trim my data file again.

Thanks!
    Hello @Westley,

I am sorry to hear about this trouble with missing transactions and copying files. I am glad that you chose to speak with us about this matter on the Quicken Community. 

Do you have any backups saved from a time shortly after you created the copy that can be restored, in order that we can build a timeframe of when these problems began? Just for everyone's edification - a backup can be saved anytime by going to File > Copy or Backup File in the upper menu at the top of the screen. You can also restore a backup by going to the same menu and selecting File > Restore a Backup File.

I hope to hear back from you about this, should you have the time to check back in with me. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
This discussion has been closed.