Requests for Quicken ID/Password when switching between Quicken data files

I have a continuous Quicken subscription for a long time... I handle two entirely different members of my family's Quicken accounts so I do switch between both accounts as needed. No, it is not practical to merge both of them into one "MASTER" account.

When I sign into Quicken for the first time each day, i have no problem going in... but then when I switch over to the other account, it always pops up with the "Enter Quicken ID Password" screen.

This never happened to me in the past until recently and I am annoyed by this constant request all the time on a daily basis.

If I can enter one family member's account with no issue, then switching over to the other family member's account should not be an issue as well. Proof is that i still have and maintain my Quicken subscription.

What can be done???

Thank you... ;-)

Comments

• Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you using the same Quicken ID/password for both Quicken data files?
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • bendore
    bendore Member ✭✭
    I am having the same thing occur recently around 2 weeks now. Suddenly the login and password request screen is showing up on one of my three accounts. If I ignore it, the program still works. But it is annoying. Anyone ?
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Has anyone tried signing out from their Quicken ID and then back in using the same Quicken ID/password?
  • ksrothschild
    ksrothschild Member ✭✭✭
    Greg_the_Geek - I always used the same Quicken ID/password all these years. To clarify this further, each of the two accounts have their own password to get into the account.

It seems that bendore echos my similar problem which started recently. Yes, if I ignore it, I still can get into the account.

So, it seems that i am not alone in this situation.

I hope there is a solution to this nagging problem.

Thank you...
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Have you tried my suggestion?
  • ksrothschild
    ksrothschild Member ✭✭✭
    What is to sign in... I never signed off and signed back into Quicken with a Quicken ID / Password. I just launch up Quicken with one of the accounts and when I need to go to the other account, I just click on the "FILE" at the top left of the screen to go to the other account - and this is where I have to do the extraordinary step which started about a few weeks ago as bendore mentioned.
  • Greg_the_Geek
    1. Navigate to Edit
    2. Preferences...
    3. Quicken ID & Cloud accounts
    4. Click Sign in as a different user (or it might say Sign in using a different Quicken ID)
    5. Follow the prompts to Sign Out 
    6. Sign back in using your Quicken ID (email) and password 
  • ksrothschild
    ksrothschild Member ✭✭✭
    Sigh... I did as instructed... and am still having the same problem... :-(
  • ksrothschild
    ksrothschild Member ✭✭✭
    Since there is no further follow ups on this inquiry, I guess I will have to put up with this inconvenience and just ignore this pop up by closing it and continue on with my work as if nothing has happened. Why does it pop up in the first place is beyond anybody's understanding... :-(
This discussion has been closed.