Repeatedly prompted to enter Quicken password when opening data file

Options
For the past several weeks, I have noticed a change. About every 3rd time I open a Quicken data file, I am prompted to enter my Quicken user id and password. As I maintain 4 Quicken data files, this means I enter a password every day. In the past, I would be prompted to enter password about once per month. What has changed and why?

Comments

• Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello @Derek Marsano

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community. We apologize you are having this issue. Could you please sign out and back in? Before starting the process please ensure you have made a backup of your current file. 

To begin select Edit >Preferences >Quicken ID & Cloud Account >Sign in as a different user ID. On the popup window type in yes to confirm then click sign out. Once you have signed out, close Quicken,  relaunch, and sign in with your Quicken ID/password. 

When you have a moment please attempt the steps above and let us know!

-Quicken Paloma

• Derek Marsano
    Derek Marsano Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks. I've received your reply and will try the steps you suggest. Will report back in a few days.
  • Quicken Paloma
    Options
    Hello @Derek Marsano

Thank you for your response and acknowledgment. Please keep us updated and reach out with any further questions. 

Thank you! 

-Quicken Paloma
  • Derek Marsano
    Derek Marsano Member ✭✭
    Options
    OK, I have taken the steps you suggest. As I said, I maintain 4 Quicken files. Today, when opening the 3rd file, I was again prompted for Quicken ID and password. It appears these suggestions have not altered the behavior. Thank you for your continued support.
  • Quicken Paloma
    Options
    Hello @Derek Marsano

Thank you for your response. After doing some additional research I was able to find that this is not an abnormal occurrence. Please refer to the screenshot from the Help Article below. 

Hope this provides some clarification. Let us know of any other questions or concerns. 

-Quicken Paloma
  • ksm
    ksm Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    I also have two files and was asked for my Quicken user ID and password every time I opened the second file. While in the second file, I followed the steps to sign out, relaunch and sign in again. I have not been asked to sign in again since doing that.
  • thecreator
    thecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi @ All,

Everyone can avoid this problem, If you have two computers or dual boot your computer, you can have Quicken installed in both operating systems. Use one setup, for one Quicken Data File and use the other operating system for the other Quicken data file.

This way, you won't need to constantly have to re-enter the password for your Quicken User ID.

You should give each Quicken Data File, a unique name, like for example, thecreator 2022 or your first name 2022.

Don't use the default name of Qdata, because that file, can be easily deleted. By changing the name, will keep you from having to have accidently deleting the file.

thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R53.16 USA

Windows 10 Pro 32-Bit Build 19045.3693
    Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Build 19045.3754

This discussion has been closed.