Quicken Save & Display Failures Require Frequent Restarts

Options
JohnL.Miller
JohnL.Miller Member ✭✭✭
I've been using Quicken for a dozen years or so. I'm currently running H&B R38.30 (27.1.38.30) on two different systems. For a few weeks now, I've experienced occasional problems (every few days) where (1) I enter a transaction; it appears to save, but actually just disappears; or (2) I edit a split transaction, and the display is corrupted with the tag fields missing and editing isn't possible. In each case, restarting Quicken restores normal operation until the misbehavior recurs. Any idea what's broken?

Comments

• GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Have you run a file validation? If so, what were the findings?
  • JohnL.Miller
    JohnL.Miller Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Validation says both databases are fine.
  • GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Are you syncing to the Quicken App or web app? If so, try disabling and see if that resolves the issue. You may need to restore after disabling to an older copy.
  • JohnL.Miller
    JohnL.Miller Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Definitely not. I tried those options years ago and dumped them for a variety of reasons.
  • GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If you updated to the latest release through Quicken, it may be worth a try to install using the mondo patch instead. Perhaps there is an installation issue causing your problems. You can install directly over Quicken as long as it's closed.

Update and Mondo Patch: 2018/2019 Release of Quicken for Windows (Subscription Product)
  • JohnL.Miller
    JohnL.Miller Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Thanks, I'll give that a shot. Time will tell.
This discussion has been closed.