BMO fails to setup to mobile

Options
Paul Smith2
Paul Smith2 Member ✭✭✭
Some time ago, Quicken went through setting up my BMO checking account to their "improved cloud service".  In that process, it removed the stored password on the laptop from the password vault ("no password required").   Since I didn't need to set up the account for mobile at that time, mobile services continued to work fine.   Unfortunately, a recent crash caused me to require setting up mobile services again.  Unfortunately, I can't set up any of the BMO accounts to mobile access because when I go to set up, laptop says "password cannot be validated". 

Has anyone else encountered this problem and found a way around it?    Help!

Paul Smith
R38.30 ..  Premier Windows 10 Enterprize 

Answers

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Some time ago, Quicken went through setting up my BMO checking account to their "improved cloud service".  In that process, it removed the stored password on the laptop from the password vault ("no password required").   Since I didn't need to set up the account for mobile at that time, mobile services continued to work fine.   Unfortunately, a recent crash caused me to require setting up mobile services again.  Unfortunately, I can't set up any of the BMO accounts to mobile access because when I go to set up, laptop says "password cannot be validated". 

Has anyone else encountered this problem and found a way around it?    Help!

Paul Smith
    R38.30 ..  Premier Windows 10 Enterprize 
    Hello @Paul Smith,      

I am sorry to hear about this issue with the password validation error message. Thank you for taking the chance to bring this up for discussion on the Quicken Community.

Have you tried reseting the Password Vault in Quicken? First, be sure to save a backup by going to File > Copy or Backup File in the menu at the top of the screen. Be sure to do this frequently, as it is helpful in a wide variety of situations and vital to preserving your data.

I want to note: reseting the Password Vault will remove all of the passwords for each financial institution that has been stored there.

Provided that you are aware of this and wish to proceed, follow these instructions:

1. Choose Tools menu > Password Vault > Reset Vault.

What if I need to deletereset the Password Vault

2. Type in a new Vault password. You will need to do this a second time to confirm.

What if I need to deletereset the Password Vault

3. Click OK.

I hope this is helpful.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared

• Paul Smith2
    Paul Smith2 Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Jared -- It looked like a promising solution, but when I set up the new password vault, the stored password for the institution again came up as "not required" and the setup of Quicken Mobile was blocked (password not verified).   It appears that the setup routine is looking for the password in the vault but it is stored only in the "new improved cloud"...  Thanks for noticing my issue, but this is not the solution.   
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jared -- It looked like a promising solution, but when I set up the new password vault, the stored password for the institution again came up as "not required" and the setup of Quicken Mobile was blocked (password not verified).   It appears that the setup routine is looking for the password in the vault but it is stored only in the "new improved cloud"...  Thanks for noticing my issue, but this is not the solution.   
    Hello @Paul Smith2

Thank you for keeping in contact with me and providing additional information about what's happening. I am sorry that the issue is continuing.

Just so I am clear: the "new and improved cloud service" was being promised by Bank of Montreal, correct?

Also, there is currently an Open Alert with respect to Bank of Montreal that may be affecting mobile accounts, as well. You can follow this thread, linked below, for additional information and updates:

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7899767/ongoing-2-24-22-bank-of-montreal-bmo-returns-cc-501-internal-api-error#latest

I hope that is helpful, and feel free to reach out with any additional questions or concerns.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Paul Smith2
    Paul Smith2 Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Jared -- The fact that a rejection of mobile setup occurs within a very short time (<1 second) after initiation of a request suggests to me that the issue is being triggered by Quicken -- not BMO.  The BMO accounts update normally in OSU in quicken.  If I were guessing, I would say that the quicken script to set up mobile can't communicate with BMO until some sort of password verification occurs, and since there is no password in the vault, it simply kicks out the request as being invalid.   Seeing that the issue you pointed me to has persisted for many months, it suggests to me that different eyes need to take a look at this...
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options
    Hello @Paul Smith2,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

At this point, we recommend that you reach out to Quicken Support directly for more extensive troubleshooting and possible escalation if they see fit.

I apologize that efforts from the Community were unable to resolve this for you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.