Express Web Connect is used on ESSA Bank & Trust accounts and will not download transactions.

Options
DGG47
DGG47 Member ✭✭
Tried the Quicken Reset Account and Deactivate functions many times and they do not correct the issue. What is strange, it will download the current bank account balance, but nothing else. No error codes are indicated.......this has been happening for the last 2 months. Called support and they could not help with the issue and told me to call back and gave me a ticket #. Does anybody have any suggestions? Need Help!

Answers

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Does it work any differently if you go to the Account Register -
    click on the Gear/Settings up in the right corner --> click on Update Now
    It looks like you can also manually download a Quicken file from the ESSA online website, and Import it into Quicken.
    have you tried that on the ESSA online website ? - though its only for "banking" data and no "credit card" data.
    55737    55737    55737    ESSA Bank & Trust   
    http://www.essabank.com/    570-421-0531   
    https://web2.secureinternetbank.com/PBI_PBI1151/login/231372248    ACTIVE
    BANKING&WEB-CONNECT        
    BANKING,CREDIT,ACCOUNTINFO&EXP-WEB-CONNECT 

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• DGG47
    DGG47 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Yes, I have tried updating from the Account register many times.....it still fails.
    I also tried updating after disabling my virus protection, firewall, VPN etc. Nothing works.
    I have used Quicken for many years and have never had this issue in the past.
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DGG47 said:
    Yes, I have tried updating from the Account register many times.....it still fails.
    I also tried updating after disabling my virus protection, firewall, VPN etc. Nothing works.
    I have used Quicken for many years and have never had this issue in the past.
    Hello @DGG47,   

I am sorry that you are still having this issue with transaction downloads. Thank you for continuing to provide us with information and updates regarding the situation.

Have you tried validating your data file? First, save a backup by going to File > Copy or Backup File in the upper menu at the top of the screen. Next, follow the instructions below in order:

1. Navigate to File
    2. Click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Click Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.
    I look forward to hearing more from you about this, should you have the chance to check in with us again and provide an update. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • DGG47
    DGG47 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thank you for the suggestion. I just gave it a try and had no luck.
    Checking the account from my mobile phone app, I know that several transactions are shown there that are not being updated by Quicken. I have purposely not manually cleared them in Quicken during this effort to solve the problem.
  • DGG47
    DGG47 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks for alerting me to the similar Wells Fargo issue.
    What I have noticed after not manually clearing the transactions for over a week, the only transactions that are being downloaded are ones where a physical check was written for the transaction and posted to the account. No EFT's to or from the account are being downloaded.
    I had also set up a separate account at the suggestion of support to check and test and the same thing happens......it only will download the physical written checks that has posted to the account .......no EFT's are downloaded when performing an update, even thou I know that they have already cleared and been posted to the account.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi @DGG47,

From this latest post, it sounds like this is a financial institution problem, rather than a Quicken one.  If you are seeing some transactions (the paper checks that have cleared) but not all (the EFT's) that suggests that the data being sent by the bank is incomplete.

I suggest that contact the bank and report this issue.  Let us know how that goes.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

This discussion has been closed.