New account downloaded - but doesn't show online connection exists

Spotteddog
Spotteddog Member ✭✭✭✭
I opened a new bank account and set it up on Quicken as usual. Everything looks fine. It had no problem connecting to the bank and downloaded the correct amount, etc. 

On the dropdown menu for this account, there is no option to "update" and it is not included in one-step update. But the drop-down has "set up online", instead of "update". 

I've added accounts to my Quicken for years and never had a problem. What am I doing wrong?

Best Answer

• Spotteddog
    Spotteddog Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Thanks everyone. But never mind! They changed the way this bank works, since I used it before. They changed it to "direct connect" only and that costs $9.95 per month. I'll do it manually.
    Thanks again

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    What Q product?  What Build of that Product? What Bank?  What type of account?  What "dropdown menu"?
    When you do TOOLS, Account List ... what shows in the "Transactions download" column adjacent to the account name?

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Spotteddog
    Spotteddog Member ✭✭✭✭
    Hello,

Quicken Deluxe R39.17  27.1.39.17

M&T Bank. I have had several accounts with this same bank over the years. This is a new account in addition to other in this bank.

Money Market

The page for this account has the tool icon on the top right. Where it normally says "update", it says "setup" 

Transaction download=Not Available. Even though it connected and downloaded the correct money amount.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Money Market" what?  Normally, that term is used with FUNDS, not bank accounts.
    And, when you do TOOLS, Account List, and click EDIT next to the account, what's shown as "Account type"?

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Spotteddog
    Spotteddog Member ✭✭✭✭
    Hello,

A money Market account is a type of savings account. All banks have Money Market accounts. In other words, I can get a checking account or a money market account. Same/Same. One pays more interest. I have money market accounts in 3 other banks with no problems.
    Apparently I am just doing something wrong.

Account Type is "Savings"
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spotteddog said:  The page for this account has the tool icon on the top right.
    Where it normally says "Update", it says "Setup"
    Transaction download=Not Available. Even though it connected and downloaded the correct money amount.
    Don't see how it could have been connected and downloaded - if it is NOT showing that connection at this point.
    HMMMM.... the thing in the upper right corner is the "gear" - and I've included TWO screen shots -
    with the usual Update Now entry - and one for an Account that is NOT setup for downloading.
    Also - I have a screen shot from the Account List of 2 accounts - with either Not Avail - or NO, needs setup -

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Spotteddog
    Spotteddog Member ✭✭✭✭
    I agree with all you've said. Is there any way to fix (or work around) this?  I have 14 active accounts of different types plus about 30+ non-active accounts. I've been using Quicken for 10+ years and never had this happen. 
    If it would give an error code, or refuse to connect, that would be different. It downloaded the correct amount of my deposit, so it must be doing some sort of connection. 
  • Spotteddog
    Spotteddog Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Thanks everyone. But never mind! They changed the way this bank works, since I used it before. They changed it to "direct connect" only and that costs $9.95 per month. I'll do it manually.
    Thanks again
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    What bank - for the $9.95 - 
    and that was your only problem bank? 

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Spotteddog
    Spotteddog Member ✭✭✭✭
    The bank is M&T. I have had direct connect with a few other banks, but they never charged to use it.
This discussion has been closed.