I delete a downloaded transaction and Quicken downloads it again

Options
craig66
craig66 Member ✭✭
1. I "Update all online accounts"
2. Transactions are downloaded
3. I go into an account and delete transactions, because they are duplicates of ones already entered
4. I "Update all online accounts" again
5. Those transaction I deleted in #3 are back again

Additional Info
Quicken for Mac Version 6.6.0 (Build 606.43140.100)
Bank I'm using - Charles Schwab

Comments

• Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello @craig66

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community. We apologize you are having this issue. To better assist you could you please let us know what financial institution you are using? Also, what connection method are you using? 

Please elaborate further so that we may provide the proper guidance. 

-Quicken Paloma
  • RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    I can thing of two reasons you are seeing this:

A. Are the existing transactions manually entered but not matched? If so, you need to match them to the downloaded transactions rather than delete the downloaded transactions. To do so, drag one of them on top of the other to manually match. I mention this because you said "already entered". Or,

B. Are the existing transactions previously downloaded, or downloaded and matched? If so, I have seen this happen when a bank changes the FITID (Financial Institution Transaction ID) for some reason, such as a change in the coding scheme. Here's how to check for that and recover:
    1. Enable the FITID column in the register (menu View > Columns)
    2. Next time the duplicate transaction downloads, compare the FITID between the existing and newly downloaded copies. You will probably find them to differ.
    3. If so, you need to delete the earlier transaction, not the newly downloaded one. Next time you download, Quicken will see that the FITIDs match and will not duplicate the transaction.
    4. Before deleting the earlier transaction, make sure you copy all fields, including reconcile status and transaction date, into the new transaction. 
    5. If the older transaction was already reconciled (green check mark), hold down the option key while clicking the blue checkmark in the Clr column to force it to reconcile status. Since you are substituting one cleared transaction with the same date and amount for another, this should not mess up your previous reconcile.

Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
This discussion has been closed.