Cannot Delete Attachment To Line Item

Options
jerryhoyt1
jerryhoyt1 Member ✭✭
Spent about an hour on line chat and with live help but no one has been able to solve. I like to attach a copy of every invoice. It was working fine. Suddenly I cannot delete an attachment that was in error. The right click on wireless mouse and wired mouse do not open the option to delete attachment. Anyone having same issues on Windows 10? Premium?

Best Answer

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    I followed the steps you indicated. It did not help. I gave up and started a brand new file from scratch and set up all the accounts for one step download. I then scanned a receipt and it fails to open the delete function with I right click. I had to renew my subscription today and it is really frustrating that this cannot be replicated somehow on your end.
    Hello @jerryhoyt1

I am sorry to hear that the problem is still ongoing. Thank you for remaining in communications with me about this.

Our next step would be to copy your data file then revalidate and resupervalidate the copied data file. First, save a backup by going to File > Copy or Backup File in the upper menu at the top of the screen. Next, follow the steps below in order:

1. Navigate to File > Copy or Backup File > Create a copy or template
    2. In the Create a copy or template dialogue box, click Next
    3. Select Save Copy
    4. Select New Copy
    5. Click OK
    Next, proceed to validate and then supervalidate the copied data file using the instructions provided earlier in the thread.

I am eager to hear back from you with any additional updates or information.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 

Answers

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Can you left-click the paperclip then left-click the 3 dots ...? That should get you the Delete option.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• jerryhoyt1
    jerryhoyt1 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks for the reply but it didn't work. The only thing clickable on an attachment (left or right). The only thing I can click on is after the attachment if open I can right click on the top of the viewer and have three options. Move, size or close.
  • jerryhoyt1
    jerryhoyt1 Member ✭✭
    Options
    This use to work just fine. I think it had something to do with the latest update.
  • Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello @jerryhoyt1

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community. We apologize you are having this difficulty. To obtain a better understanding of the issue could you please let us know if the attachment was a jpeg., PDF, or other? Also could you please validate your file? Before starting the process please ensure you have made a backup of your current file. 

To begin please select File >Validate and Repair File. On the popup window check the first box validate the click OK. Once your file has been validated please attempt to delete the attachment and let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Paloma
  • jerryhoyt1
    jerryhoyt1 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thank you for a response. Yes, I have validated file many times, three times since this issue began. I am scanning receipts from my printer as attachments. It worked fine for awhile. I tried using a USB mouse but it hasn't helped the inability to right click. It may be a Microsoft file. Lately when I right click on speaker icon it will not open. I've read all the topics on helping with right click issues but none have helped.
  • Quicken Jared
    Options
    Thank you for a response. Yes, I have validated file many times, three times since this issue began. I am scanning receipts from my printer as attachments. It worked fine for awhile. I tried using a USB mouse but it hasn't helped the inability to right click. It may be a Microsoft file. Lately when I right click on speaker icon it will not open. I've read all the topics on helping with right click issues but none have helped.
    Hello @jerryhoyt1

I am sorry to hear that this issue is continuing. Thank you for reaching out again and providing us with additional updates and information.

Where is your current active data file located? You can check this anytime by going to File > Show this file on my computer in the upper menu at the top of the screen. Be sure that the file is being stored on your computer locally, as housing it in other locations - such as an external drive - can cause erratic program behavior.

I look forward to your response.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • jerryhoyt1
    jerryhoyt1 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thank you for your replay. Yes, the file is on my computer as well as external backup. I didn't want to restore a backup as I would lose all of the receipts that I've already attached since the first of the year.
  • Quicken Jared
    Options
    Thank you for your replay. Yes, the file is on my computer as well as external backup. I didn't want to restore a backup as I would lose all of the receipts that I've already attached since the first of the year.
    Hello @jerryhoyt1,

Thank you for getting back in contact with me and providing this additional information. I am sorry that the issue does not seem to be resolved, at the moment.

Have you tried Supervalidating the file? First, save a backup by going to File > Copy or Backup File in the upper menu at the top of the screen, then go through the steps provided below:

1. Navigate to File
    2. Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Click Super Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.
    I look forward to any updates you may be able to provide, should you have the chance to check back in with us later.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • jerryhoyt1
    jerryhoyt1 Member ✭✭
    Options
    I followed the steps you indicated. It did not help. I gave up and started a brand new file from scratch and set up all the accounts for one step download. I then scanned a receipt and it fails to open the delete function with I right click. I had to renew my subscription today and it is really frustrating that this cannot be replicated somehow on your end.
  • Quicken Jared
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hello @jerryhoyt1

I am sorry to hear that the problem is still ongoing. Thank you for remaining in communications with me about this.

Our next step would be to copy your data file then revalidate and resupervalidate the copied data file. First, save a backup by going to File > Copy or Backup File in the upper menu at the top of the screen. Next, follow the steps below in order:

1. Navigate to File > Copy or Backup File > Create a copy or template
    2. In the Create a copy or template dialogue box, click Next
    3. Select Save Copy
    4. Select New Copy
    5. Click OK
    Next, proceed to validate and then supervalidate the copied data file using the instructions provided earlier in the thread.

I am eager to hear back from you with any additional updates or information.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Why oh why do you keep mentioning Right Click, @jerryhoyt1 ?
    There is no right click involved. LEFT click on the paperclip should open the attachment display and LEFT click on the 3 dots should open the menu with Delete in it.
    Are your mouse buttons perhaps reversed?

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• jerryhoyt1
    jerryhoyt1 Member ✭✭
    Options
    I followed Jared's advice this afternoon and it worked. As to the "right click", that is what the Quicken online advisor told me to do. Thanks to all and the problem appears to be solved.
  • Quicken Jared
    Options
    I followed Jared's advice this afternoon and it worked. As to the "right click", that is what the Quicken online advisor told me to do. Thanks to all and the problem appears to be solved.
    Hello @jerryhoyt1

I am happy to hear that the issue seems to have been resolved. Thanks for your patience, and for continuing to follow up with us and provide updates about the situation.

Feel free to reach out anytime with additional questions or concerns.

Thanks again,

Quicken Jared 
This discussion has been closed.