How to move downloaded files from one account to anothr.

kenz5103
kenz5103 Member ✭✭
I have done the update transactions from back, save it in explorer, then import file into my account. Unfortunately it goes into the wrong account. How can I move to the correct account. This is the second or third time it has done this to me.

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @kenz5103,

If you have already downloaded transactions into a "wrong" account and want to move them into the "correct" account, take the following steps:

1) Locate the transactions that you want to move in the "wrong" account;
    2) If the transactions are consecutive in the register > click on the oldest/first transaction > hold down the "Shift" key while you page down - until you get to the last transaction > release the "Shift" key > then "right-click" on the last transaction and select "Move transaction(s)";
    3) In the pop-up window > locate and highlight the name of the account you want to move the transactions to > then click "OK".

Your transactions should then be moved from the wrong account to the correct account.

If the transactions are not consecutive, you'll need to change step 2) above to this:

alternative 2)  click on the oldest/first transaction > hold down the "Ctrl" key while you move down the page and click on each of the remaining transactions you want to move - until you get to the last transaction > then release the "Ctrl" key > then "right-click" on the last transaction and select "Move transaction(s)";  in the pop-up window;

Let me know how that goes or if you have any followups.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

This discussion has been closed.