How do you change the Scale on Security/Price History graphs

Options
Stan Moderate
Stan Moderate Member ✭✭
edited April 2022 in Investing (Windows)
I have many Securities and they all graph nicely except one. The Value and Average Cost per share varies between $6 - $13 yet the graph (see attached) has a scale of $0-700 resulting in an almost straight line along the base line.

Best Answers

• q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    I'd review the price history data for an anomaly.  You might be able to narrow down the spot by reducing the time frame.  In that direction, does the 1-year, or other standard time frames also show that scale?  
  • Stan Moderate
    Stan Moderate Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi q-lurker and thanks for the swift response. I had already checked the prices for any 'fat finger' errors and found all in range $6 - $13. Your second suggestion showed some success - YEAR and longer shows the flat line and a scale of 0-700, YEAR TO DATE showed a decent graph with a Scale of 0-6 :) After that it was a matter of setting earlier and earlier CUSTOM DATES until I saw a spike ($607) on the DAY HIGH which should have been $6.07. :#

A lesson for all there, it's not just the Price that sets the chart Scale, the Daily Hi does too.

Grateful thanks
    ;)

Answers

• q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    I'd review the price history data for an anomaly.  You might be able to narrow down the spot by reducing the time frame.  In that direction, does the 1-year, or other standard time frames also show that scale?  
  • Stan Moderate
    Stan Moderate Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi q-lurker and thanks for the swift response. I had already checked the prices for any 'fat finger' errors and found all in range $6 - $13. Your second suggestion showed some success - YEAR and longer shows the flat line and a scale of 0-700, YEAR TO DATE showed a decent graph with a Scale of 0-6 :) After that it was a matter of setting earlier and earlier CUSTOM DATES until I saw a spike ($607) on the DAY HIGH which should have been $6.07. :#

A lesson for all there, it's not just the Price that sets the chart Scale, the Daily Hi does too.

Grateful thanks
    ;)
  • q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    IIRC, the hi/lo data only plot for time periods up to a year. But clearly all the data can be a factor for the scale. 
This discussion has been closed.