One Step Update - Bank of America Multi Factor Authentication

Bank of America requires an additional step when running One Step Update to update Quicken accounts. I realize the Quicken has no control over this.

I only run One Step Update upon launching the application. The defect I've encountered is that Quicken asks me to select the delivery method of the security code, but I only have one delivery method (phone number for text) configured, so why doesn't Quicken just default and select the one delivery method and send the text to the one phone number I have configured to receive the security code? I'm running the latest release - 38.30

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    PowerUser said:
    Bank of America requires an additional step when running One Step Update to update Quicken accounts. I realize the Quicken has no control over this.

I only run One Step Update upon launching the application. The defect I've encountered is that Quicken asks me to select the delivery method of the security code, but I only have one delivery method (phone number for text) configured, so why doesn't Quicken just default and select the one delivery method and send the text to the one phone number I have configured to receive the security code? I'm running the latest release - 38.30
    Hello @PowerUser,    

I am sorry for any frustration caused by this issue with multi-factor authentication. Thank you for contacting the Quicken Community in regards to this matter.

Just so I am clear, are you being prevented from connecting your accounts to online banking services by the dialogue box requesting that you select a delivery method? If so, what instance of Bank of America are you selecting when you try to add or link accounts to online banking services? It may also be necessary to authorize your account with Bank of America; you would want to be sure to check your online profile in their website for any notifications or alerts about third-party applications.

I hope this is helpful, and I look forward to your reply, should you have the chance to check back in with us. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 

This discussion has been closed.