How can I get Bank summary report to reflect correct category payments

Options
judo7804
judo7804 Member ✭✭
edited April 2022 in Reports (Windows)
When I run a monthly Bank summary it reports the total payments under Bills:Credit cards. It lists Bills:Credit Cards: Card A and Card B but shows $0 for each instead of amount paid to each individual card. I added category for each individual card. I am running ver R38.30 Build 27.138.30 Thanks for your help

Best Answer

• bmciance
    bmciance SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    If you are handling your credit card payments the correct way the payments are not categories they are transfers and would show on the banking summary report at the bottom under the Transfers section as "TO Card A" or "TO Card B".

This assumes you record each charge to the credit card as it happens and assign a category to those charges.  Then, when you pay the card it is recorded as a transfer from your checking account to the credit card.  

Answers

• bmciance
    bmciance SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    If you are handling your credit card payments the correct way the payments are not categories they are transfers and would show on the banking summary report at the bottom under the Transfers section as "TO Card A" or "TO Card B".

This assumes you record each charge to the credit card as it happens and assign a category to those charges.  Then, when you pay the card it is recorded as a transfer from your checking account to the credit card.  
This discussion has been closed.