How do I prioritize a Payment Account in Quicken Bill Manager?

Options
I have recently closed the account I have been using for BillManager. There is one payment still outstanding so it won't let me disable the old account. It keeps trying to pay my bills out of the old account instead of my new verified account. How do I get it to pay out of the new account.

Answers

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2022
    Options
    Lewis500 said:
    I have recently closed the account I have been using for BillManager. There is one payment still outstanding so it won't let me disable the old account. It keeps trying to pay my bills out of the old account instead of my new verified account. How do I get it to pay out of the new account.
    Hello @Lewis500,

I am sorry for any frustration or inconvenience caused by this problem with accounts in BillManager. Thank you for taking the time to ask about this on the Quicken Community.

What form is the outstanding payment taking; is it being sent via QuickPay or CheckPay? Also, is it still pending with your financial institution?

If the payment was set up in QuickPay, the payment can only be cancelled in order to pay out of the newer account. This can be done by going to the Status menu icon in the register of the old account and selecting Cancel Payment. Likewise, the payment would have to be cancelled with CheckPay before payments set up in the newer account could be made.

I look forward to your reply, and hope to continue working with you on this in the future. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Lewis500
    Lewis500 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks, I'll give that a try and if it doesn't solve my problem I'll get back to you.
This discussion has been closed.