Did something change between Quicken for Windows and Quicken for Mac when linking accounts?

I'm ditching my Windows PC and living only in AppleLand now. I just got Quicken for Mac (Version 6.6.1 (Build 606.43210.100)) and am setting up my accounts. On Windows, when connecting to a financial institution I always provided the userid and PW I use to logon to their website. That worked fine on the Mac until I got to Fidelity Investments. Instead of a userid and PW Quicken asks me for a customer ID (or my SSN) and a PIN. When I contacted Fidelity to see if this was something new they told me Quicken should be asking for my userid & PW. I don't have any PINs with Fidelity! I've got all my other accounts set up but can't connect to Fidelity Investments (no, not NetBenefits).

Can someone tell me how to get my Fidelity accounts connected to Quicken for Mac?

I'm running macOS Monterey Version 12.0.1 (21A559).

Thanks!

Best Answer

• Rich_in_HanPA
    Rich_in_HanPA Member
    Answer ✓
    Well, color my face red. I was using the wrong userid to connect! Fidelity's website remembers my userid from login to login and just displays ***********abc (where "abc" is the end of my userid) in the userid field. Based on "abc" I though I knew what the userid had to be but I chose the wrong value. I finally discovered the correct value in 1Password for my NetBenefits login. All is well and I can connect my Fidelity accounts to Quicken now. (((blush))) :s

Answers

• Jon
    Jon SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited March 2022
    I see the same thing (customer ID & PIN) when I try to set up a new account using "Fidelity Investments for Mac" as the investment firm (I tried both brokerage & IRA account). This is not what I've been asked for in the past - I have 3 Fidelity accounts and they were all set up with username & password. So it does seem like something is misconfigured somewhere.

Quicken Mac subscription. Quicken user since 1990.

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    When it has asked for Customer ID & Pin, I have entered my Fidelity website login credentials and been good to go.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • I tried entering my userid and PW for the customer ID and PIN — it was rejected. "Incorrect Customer ID or Password/PIN" and "Fidelity Investments Mac did not accept your login. Please try again." are the error messages I get.
  • Rich_in_HanPA
    Rich_in_HanPA Member
    Answer ✓
    Well, color my face red. I was using the wrong userid to connect! Fidelity's website remembers my userid from login to login and just displays ***********abc (where "abc" is the end of my userid) in the userid field. Based on "abc" I though I knew what the userid had to be but I chose the wrong value. I finally discovered the correct value in 1Password for my NetBenefits login. All is well and I can connect my Fidelity accounts to Quicken now. (((blush))) :s
  • RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Glad you got it figured out.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
This discussion has been closed.