Venmo online activation not working

Options
Venmo download stopped working, so I disconnected the account with the intent of setting up a new connection. But the setup isn't working.

I'm running Quicken for Windows Release R39.23 on Windows 11.

Here's what happens:
1) I start online setup process.
2) I sign in with Venmo User Name and password, and press Connect.
3) Quicken puts up a "Looking for accounts at Venmo dialog".
4) Quicken then says "Venmo requires that you enter more information to connect." and prompts for a phone to send a verification code.
5) After choosing my mobile phone, Quicken says "Oops. There is a connection problem. CC-502." and "Quicken can't add this account because the Venmo website is temporarily unavailable. Please try again in a few hours. Thank you for your patience!"

I've tried to connect with Quicken the past two days. I can login to Venmo from the web and from my iPhone successfully.

Is there anything I can do to work around this, or does it need a fix from Quicken?

Thanks,
Adam

Best Answer

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hello @adamwadesmith,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

This is a known issue that has been escalated internally, though we do not have an ETA on resolution at this time. While the investigation remains ongoing, please refer to this Community Alert for any and all available updates.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hello @adamwadesmith,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

This is a known issue that has been escalated internally, though we do not have an ETA on resolution at this time. While the investigation remains ongoing, please refer to this Community Alert for any and all available updates.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• ColoradoUser
    ColoradoUser Member ✭✭
    Options
    I too have this same issue on OSX. The problem changed a bit, after several attempts I sometimes get past entering a valid SMS TXT code to get my Venmo account downloads configured, but the next download requires going through the same cycle of long delays, sometimes an SMS TXT gets sent, other times Quicken comes back immediately after asking for a phone number to send the TXT to saying there is a problem and no TXT is sent... sometimes the "too many attempts from an IP", other times the failed/retry dialog. Version 6.6.2 (Build 606.43218.100)

Temporary solution, manual entry with Venmo not configured for downloads.
  • hklehman
    hklehman Member ✭✭
    Options
    I am having the same issue. It gets as far as indicating that Venmo will send an SMS, but the SMS never arrives and appears to time out.
  • BK
    BK Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I disabled/unchecked my Venmo from the One Step Update Settings window so that I don't get the "too many attempts" message.  Now I only do an Update Now for Venmo only once a week very late at night, and it works more than half the time.
    When the pop-up comes up to select my mobile # (for the SMS code to be sent), I wait 30 seconds and then select ok.  Then the code arrives at my phone as well as the second Quicken pop-up window to enter the code.  More often than not it works for me under these three "dancing" conditions of Late night, Update Now, and wait 30 secs.  I try this only twice and if they fail, I postpone it to a few days later.  Hope it helps.
    - QWin Deluxe user since 2010, US subscription on Win11
    - I don't use Cloud Sync, Mobile & Web, Bill Pay/Mgr

• SeattleSummer76
    SeattleSummer76 Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Still not working: not able to activate Venmo for downloads after resetting it to troubleshoot the larger Venmo issue.
  • Maxene
    Maxene Member
    Options
    Looks like this issue hasn't been resolved yet. Any update on an ETA?
This discussion has been closed.