R39.23 on Windows 11 is taking four minutes to start

This may be some sort of network issue and it's just coincidence that I upgraded to R39.23 earlier today. I thought I started Quicken from scratch after updating to R39.23, but I am not sure, I can't remember.

The issue is that when I start Quicken on Windows 11, the splash screen comes up and stays there for just about four minutes. Then the database password file shows up. From then on, everything appears normal.

Answers

  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Moderator mod
    leed said:
    This may be some sort of network issue and it's just coincidence that I upgraded to R39.23 earlier today. I thought I started Quicken from scratch after updating to R39.23, but I am not sure, I can't remember.

    The issue is that when I start Quicken on Windows 11, the splash screen comes up and stays there for just about four minutes. Then the database password file shows up. From then on, everything appears normal.
    Hello @leed,  

    I am sorry to hear about this problem with slow program startups. Thank you for getting in contact with the Quicken Community and bringing this matter before our attention.

    Have you tried validating the data file? First, save a backup by going to File > Copy or Backup File then go through the following steps in order:

    1. Click on File
    2. Select Validate and Repair File...
    3. Click Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.
    I am eager to hear back from you about this.

    Thank you,

    Quicken Jared 
  • leed
    leed Member
    I tested this this morning and again just now and it's working normally. I didn't even reboot my PC (or networking equipment) between last night when I first noticed this problem and this morning. My PC went to sleep like it normally does last night, but Quicken is magically starting normally this morning.

    That makes me think that Quicken was trying to do something on the network that wasn't working and would timeout after four minutes. Whatever resource it was trying to access is working fine now.
This discussion has been closed.