Transactions in register from Data Feed

Options
Michael Waite
Michael Waite Member ✭✭
I was reconciling my Fidelity account and I found transactions in the register that were apparently entered by the "data feed". A stock in my portfolio split so I had a transaction downloaded from Fidelity and a transaction from the "data feed". The register made it look like the stock had split twice. How do I prevent transactions from the "Data Feed" finding their way into my register?

Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Set your account register to NOT automatically accept downloaded transactions. This allows you to review downloads before they hit the register and make corrections or delete them as needed.
    As to stock splits: Yes, you should manually record a "Stock Split" transaction once. It will apply to all accounts if you hold shares of this security in more than one account. Delete any downloaded Add Shares transactions.

Where are the "Auto-accept downloaded transaction" settings?

There are two places where this is controlled in Quicken for Windows:
     - Globally, for all accounts, in Edit / Preferences / Downloaded Transactions
     - For each account individually, the global setting can be overridden from the Edit Account Details screen, Online Services Tab. Look for blue text "Automatic Entry is: ON / OFF". Click the text to change the setting.

This discussion has been closed.