After exiting and re-entering Quicken, how to automatically get to where left off?

JoeWar
JoeWar Member
I have updated from 2006 Quicken Basic to current Premier. My question: how, if at all, after exiting Quicken and returning, do I get back automatically to where I left off? I hate having the program take me to a spot in listed transactions (including ones posted automatically days ahead) and having to scroll up or down to get where I want to be – usually where I last left off. There ought to be a setting to control this; I don’t find such.

Answers

• Bob_L
    Bob_L SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2022
    It would be helpful to know what you were doing before you "last left off", e.g. categorizing Downloads, entering manual transactions, etc.  For example, there is a setting to sort your register by "order entered".  Would that help? It is accessible via the gear icon above the scroll bar.

Quicken Business & Personal Subscription, Windows 11 Home

• JoeWar
    JoeWar Member
    It's a matter of just working on my main account that has lots of past history and also transactions that will occur over the next several months. No matter what I do, in older software and Premier, system takes me, for example, to last of the future items. Then I must scroll up to get to where current-dated items are. I would like to be able to go there directly after re-entering Quicken. As to what you suggest, I don't see it; can you be more specific?
  • Bob_L
    Bob_L SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's the sorting setting:

Another option could be to flag the last transaction you were working on.  To do that be sure the column for flags is included in your register.  You select the columns from the same gear icon right below the sorting options.

Quicken Business & Personal Subscription, Windows 11 Home

• JoeWar
    JoeWar Member
    Thanks, this was helpful - a picture is worth a thousand words! But, really doesn't address what I want to do. The sorting options have to do with the order in which one wants to look at things after entering the program. What I want is a way to get back directly to where I last was in the program before exiting. I'll experiment with your flag idea, that comes closest to what I want.
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    To jump directly to today's date in a register, press Ctrl-G, Enter.
    Ctrl-G also allows you to specify any date you like.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

This discussion has been closed.