quicken stuck in "accept payments created outside"

Options
I went to my primary bank's register, and it shows the "accept payments created outside" screen. Normally I click "continue" if I see this, and then I see downloaded transactions. Instead it just stays stuck on this screen, even if I quit and restart quicken. If I can't reconcile downloaded transactions, Quicken is of no use to me. How do I fix this?

Comments

• Frisky070802
    Frisky070802 Member ✭✭
    Options
    In the process of trying to sort this out, I restarted quicken a 2nd time, and it said it wanted to update. When it did, it uninstalled, then installed what turned out to be a really old version, which then complained that downloads were changing and I absolutely had to upgrade. What the heck?
  • Frisky070802
    Frisky070802 Member ✭✭
    Options
    I then did a manual in-program update, and it brought me back to R39.23 build 27.1.39.23 -- which has the same issue with not showing me transactions. The onestep update summary tells me I have dozens of transactions to reconcile, so I know they're there somewhere.
  • Frisky070802
    Frisky070802 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Aha. I searched harder and came across a similar report. It suggested that they weren't automatically copied (wrong) but then mentioned the validate-file operation. I ran that and it fixed the problem -- but I shouldn't have had to!

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7679372/faq-quicken-windows-2018-red-flag-but-no-transactions-to-review-bug
This discussion has been closed.