I just obtained a Sam's Club Elite Master Card supported by Synchrony Bank but it won't sync

I contacted the Bank who told me that their software was connected to Quicken and I should contact Quicken if it won't work.
My problem is the same as the one expressed in January. The nomer given to my card account by Quicken is Synchrony Bank Credit. That bank connection says it does not recognize my login information. I think there must be another Synchrony Bank connection for the Sam's Master Card. Help Please

Best Answer

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hi @Cmpmcl513

To connect with Sam's Club Synchrony Mastercards - you need to go through the Synchrony Bank site (NOT the mastercard sites).

When you go through the connection process, make sure that you select the "Sam's Club Personal Credit Account" in the Add Account popup (see Snip below).  After that, you will be asked for your login information, etc.

Let me know how it goes and if you have any followups.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's "Sam's Club", not Synchrony that decides whether to permit connecting to Q.  I suspect this is because Synchrony passes along to Sam's Club the Q/Intuit fee for such service, but that's speculation on my part.
    I have a credit card issued by Synchrony for a LARGE plumbing repair that supposedly wasn't connectable ... but strangely enough I could connect it by using the Financial Institution name "Guitar Center Credit Card".  I have NO IDEA why that worked, but it does.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hi @Cmpmcl513

To connect with Sam's Club Synchrony Mastercards - you need to go through the Synchrony Bank site (NOT the mastercard sites).

When you go through the connection process, make sure that you select the "Sam's Club Personal Credit Account" in the Add Account popup (see Snip below).  After that, you will be asked for your login information, etc.

Let me know how it goes and if you have any followups.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

This discussion has been closed.