Improper importing via Direct Connect and Wells Fargo for brokerage accounts (Simple Tracking)

chris_cbs
chris_cbs Member ✭✭
I have a similar problem with Wells Fargo Advisors with five brokerage accounts that I've tracked for years. Today they connected for Simple Tracking and wiped out all the previous years' transactions, which may affect whether other accounts they transferred to or from will also not reconcile, though the Portfolio page shows the graph of previous month-end balances but shows zero for 3/31/22. I'm beside myself with the amount of work that's been lost. Also, even the cash accounts that downloaded at the same time are not showing the same balances now as what I see when I log onto Wells Fargo Banking directly. What can I do?

Answers

• chris_cbs
    chris_cbs Member ✭✭
    zero balances
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    chris_cbs said:
    I have a similar problem with Wells Fargo Advisors with five brokerage accounts that I've tracked for years. Today they connected for Simple Tracking and wiped out all the previous years' transactions, which may affect whether other accounts they transferred to or from will also not reconcile, though the Portfolio page shows the graph of previous month-end balances but shows zero for 3/31/22. I'm beside myself with the amount of work that's been lost. Also, even the cash accounts that downloaded at the same time are not showing the same balances now as what I see when I log onto Wells Fargo Banking directly. What can I do?
    Hello chris_cbs

I am sorry to hear about these difficulties with your brokerages. Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community about this problem.

What Connection Type are you making use of in order to add or link your accounts? You can check this anytime by selecting one of your accounts in the left-hand panel Account List and then going to Accounts > Settings > Downloads in the upper menu at the top of the screen while Quicken is open.

I look forward to hearing your answer.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • chris_cbs
    chris_cbs Member ✭✭
    I was using Direct Connect, the same as I've had for quite some time.
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    chris_cbs said:
    I was using Direct Connect, the same as I've had for quite some time.
    @chris_cbs

Thank you for providing the answer to my earlier question. I am sorry that this trouble with brokerages remains an issue. 

Have you reached out to Wells Fargo support about this matter? Given the connection method in use, this would be the next step in seeking out a resolution. I recommend asking to speak with a 'Tier 2' representative or escalations team when reaching out by phone, as these personnel are more likely to be familiar with third-party software and associated requirements.

I hope this is helpful.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • chris_cbs
    chris_cbs Member ✭✭
    Yes, WF Support helped me disconnect and reconnect my checking account, which allowed me to download once, but Quicken wouldn't save the credentials, so I may have to disconnect-reconnect every time! Then they transferred me to WF Support for the brokerage side of things. I was on hold for about 30 minutes and then the line went dead so I gave up, and am going to just do this manually, but it's on my wish list that Quicken would make an upgrade that allows one to just update portfolio value and cash additions/withdrawals rather than all the transactions or nothing. I had a backup from 3/30, so I wasn't as unlucky as I might have been.

Thanks for your help.
This discussion has been closed.