How to find how much one has charged on a charge card for a given time period?

Options
Ron Varley
Ron Varley Member ✭✭
Something has changed. I used to be able to go to a credit card account register and in drop down boxes at the top I could choose a time period i.e. Last Year then choose transaction type in this case I would choose Charge. Then all charge transactions would be shown and at the bottom of the register there would be a Total. But now all I get is my current online balance and ending balance and some kind of running balance in red numbers, however that is not the total because the first entry does not equal the first charge. There probably is another way but not as simple as before. Suggestions please. Thanks
Tagged:

Answers

• BK
    BK Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2022
    Options
    What you described still works correctly on my end.  I wonder if you need to go full screen to see the transaction totals for your selected period.  I am seeing fours totals at the very bottom, from left to right:
    X Transactions, Online Balance, Credit Remaining, Ending Balance.  The X Transaction (e.g. 24 Transactions: -2,000.00) shows the sum of all the transactions for the period filtered.
    I don't understand what you mean by "however that is not the total because the first entry does not equal the first charge".
    Another way of seeing what you described is to use one of the Reports of course.
    Adding a screenshot from my Test file:

- QWin Deluxe user since 2010, US subscription on Win11
    - I don't use Cloud Sync, Mobile & Web, Bill Pay/Mgr

• Ron Varley
    Ron Varley Member ✭✭
    Options
    BK, Thanks! You are correct, it is dependent on the screen size. When large enough you get 4 items at the bottom: #Transactions with amount #####, Online Balance ####, Credit Remaining ##### and Ending Balance #####.
This discussion has been closed.