Trying to add savings account to Quicken, but when it searches, I get a message

Options
An account that I've added to Quicken for years now says "Don't add to Quicken". At first, it said that my account has been deleted for the bank, which it hasn't. It said to delete the account, then add the account to Quicken. When I tried, I got the above message where it normally says "Link to existing Account".
Tagged:

Answers

• Quicken Jade
    Quicken Jade Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi @Carl Riley,
    I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing this issue. Is the message asking you to delete or deactivate the account? Deleting the account deletes the account in its entirety and all your transactions, what you are likely seeing is a message asking you to deactivate your account - this would disconnect your account so you can relink it. If you are seeing the "don't add to Quicken" message the account may still be connected, this is a message you get when the account is already linked. Please follow these steps and let me know if they help!

Deactivate an account

1. Select the Tools menu and select Account List
    2. In the Account List, select the account for which you want to deactivate online services, and then click Edit. 
    3. In the Account Details window, click the Online Services tab.
    4. Click Deactivate next to the service you want to disable.

To Reactivate Account(s)

1. Open the Account List (Ctrl + A).
    2. Click the Edit button on the account you want to reactivate.
    3. Go to the Online Services tab and click the Set up Now button.
    4. Type in the financial institution name and walk through the wizard.
    5. Choose LINK on the screen displayed after Quicken finds the available accounts at the financial institution for your login credentials and carefully link to your existing Quicken account(s).
    Let me know if you have any further questions :smile:
    -Quicken Jade
  • Carl Riley
    Carl Riley Member ✭✭
    Options
    When it first started, it told me to delete it and redo it. I did that. Now, when I try to reinstall the account, it doesn't give me any opportunity to put it in.
    So far, I've never had this problem before.
This discussion has been closed.