TD investing = problems with links and syncs or downloads

Options
edmontoncanuck
edmontoncanuck Member ✭✭
I was pleased to recently see that TD (Canada) had finally added a download of transactions for my investment accounts. However there are big problems.
Download a qfx file and import but the securities don't match up with historical information and duplicated holdings. There was no opportunity to match up with existing securities. I was not allowed to just delete these added securities.
I went to a backup, restored, was forced to create a 'new iCloud quicken account " and was pleased to see that now quicken sees the investment accounts. Alas when I linked to them all historical transactions (15 years) were wiped out and I ended with a huge cash balance, no securities and no transactions.
Once more I restored a backup, Again quicken didn't recognise it and asked to create anew, then all bank connections had to be re-entered. I had to 'ignore' the investment accounts so I wouldn't lose my data. Not all accounts were there to link to, each credit card account required another login and verification to the bank. I have no idea whether to blame Quicken for the bug, or whether TD is the culprit. After all this, I'm back to 'manually' entering all investment transactions. And I'm cursing the gremlins that handle my connection to the quicken server.
Magic when things work... VOODOO when it doesn't.

Mac OS 12.3.1, Quicken Deluxe 6.6.2
Tagged:

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I was pleased to recently see that TD (Canada) had finally added a download of transactions for my investment accounts. However there are big problems.
    Download a qfx file and import but the securities don't match up with historical information and duplicated holdings. There was no opportunity to match up with existing securities. I was not allowed to just delete these added securities.
    I went to a backup, restored, was forced to create a 'new iCloud quicken account " and was pleased to see that now quicken sees the investment accounts. Alas when I linked to them all historical transactions (15 years) were wiped out and I ended with a huge cash balance, no securities and no transactions.
    Once more I restored a backup, Again quicken didn't recognise it and asked to create anew, then all bank connections had to be re-entered. I had to 'ignore' the investment accounts so I wouldn't lose my data. Not all accounts were there to link to, each credit card account required another login and verification to the bank. I have no idea whether to blame Quicken for the bug, or whether TD is the culprit. After all this, I'm back to 'manually' entering all investment transactions. And I'm cursing the gremlins that handle my connection to the quicken server.
    Magic when things work... VOODOO when it doesn't.

Mac OS 12.3.1, Quicken Deluxe 6.6.2
    Hello @edmontoncanuck,       

I am sorry to hear about these issues with investment accounts after importing files. Thank you for taking the chance to bring this matter before the Quicken Community for further discussion. 

Are you noticing issues with investments and transactions associated with financial institutions aside from TD Bank - Canada? I was somewhat unclear on whether or not other accounts were displaying some of the symptoms you've mentioned. If this is the case, I was curious where your current data file is located. You can check this by going to File > Show this file on my computer in the upper menu at the top of the screen.

I look forward to your response.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • edmontoncanuck
    edmontoncanuck Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks for your reponse.
    The data file is not inside the default location hidden in Library. It is in my documents folder as has been the norm for many years as I migrated up through version changes.
    The regular checking accounts and credit cards are not negatively affected.
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Thanks for your reponse.
    The data file is not inside the default location hidden in Library. It is in my documents folder as has been the norm for many years as I migrated up through version changes.
    The regular checking accounts and credit cards are not negatively affected.
    @edmontoncanuck,  

Thank you for reaching out once again and discussing this further. I am sorry that the issue seems to be ongoing, at the moment.

If the problem of connection failure is isolated to your TD Bank accounts, there is an Open Alert that I would like to bring to your attention that may be related. You can follow the discussion thread linked here for any updates or additional information related to this.

I hope this is helpful, and feel free to check back in with further updates and explanations, if necessary.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared
This discussion has been closed.