Lost Upper Window - Portfolio View

gwpotter
gwpotter Member ✭✭
My Portfolio Views by default have a Dollars vs Date graph in the upper window and list of holdings in the lower window. I wanted to maximize the holdings list, so I dragged the dot between the two windows Now I find I can not drag it downward. I have lost the view of Dollars vs Date.

I checked an abandoned old account and experienced the same issue.

Comments

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    In the center of the screen between the Dashboard/Portfolio/Transactions tabs line and the Portfolio Value/Group by Security popup menus line, there is a small dot. Hover your cursor over this dot and it will change to a tool that will let you drag the dot down to reveal the graph. See image below.

Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • gwpotter
    gwpotter Member ✭✭
    That function does not work. When both Windows are visible, the Dot changed to an arrow up and and arrow down. In my dysfunctional situation the only arrow I can get is a down arrow.

Also I tried to use a Time Machine backup and that is TROUBLE.
  • RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited April 2022
    Your data file is fine. You don't need to restore from Time Machine. 

The reason you see only the down arrow is because the graph pane is already collapsed, therefore, there is no way to move it upward.

To expand the graph into view, hover your cursor over the dot until you see the down arrow. Then click and drag downward until you see the graph. Continue dragging until the graph is the size you desire.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • gwpotter
    gwpotter Member ✭✭
    Two items -

#1. I know my data is OK. I am just saying I tried to resolve this problem by "recovering" a TimeMachine backup. That item did not work and was TROUBLE.

#2. When I hover over the dot it does convert to the down arrow - but I can not open the window that way. I have tried my Apple Magic Mouse and My Apple Track Pad. No happiness.

I have tried dragging with option key and with Cmd key. I have tried double clicking. No success.
  • gwpotter
    gwpotter Member ✭✭
    Rich I called Apple support and the issue was suddenly resolved itself. The only think I believe we different is I clicked the dot without moving it for maybe 0.5 to 1.0 seconds as I was speaking to support. The window reappeared. Thank you for your help
This discussion has been closed.