Bought a house - Projected Balance is now a flat line (Q Mac)

Options
Cooknn
Cooknn Member ✭✭
I used to rely heavily on the Projected Balances graph under Bills and Income. Last month my wife and I sold/bought a new house and $200K went in and out of our primary checking account. Now the graph is flatlined because it must think those kind of numbers are common for us :neutral:

How do I reset the limits for this graph?

Comments

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    As you probably realize, the graph automatically scales the Y axis based on the amounts present for future transactions.

I played around with this a bit and discovered what seems to be a weird glitch. I put a couple of future settled transactions for $2M on different future dates in my checking account. As expected, the graph for the account scaled up to show them with all the dates out past the new transactions showing a flat line.

Then I changed the two different dates of these transactions to be in the past (a month ago). I would have expected the graph to re-scale now that these transactions where no longer in the future. But it did not.

The way I got it to re-scale was to delete the two transactions. After re-entering them on past dates, the graph remained scaled properly.

So the fix for you may be to delete the two $200k transactions (which are now dated in the past). Then reenter them again. If they were reconciled, you can restore the green checkmark by option-clicking on the Clr column box (which won't affect any reconciliation). Then check the graph and see if it's fixed.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • Cooknn
    Cooknn Member ✭✭
    edited April 2022
    Options
    Great idea, but it didn't work. So I did it really ugly. I deleted the offending transactions, and made a reconciliation adjustment to balance them out :smiley: If I need to see them again I can log into the bank.
  • RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    Too bad you had to resort to that.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • Jon
    Jon SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited April 2022
    Options
    Another thing that fixes it for me is to alter the date on one of the transactions so they both occur on the same day. That way, the balance at the end of each day (which is what the graph seems to be looking at) never gets up in the 6 figure range. I'd put something in the memo for the transaction explaining why the date is off.

Quicken Mac subscription. Quicken user since 1990.

• Cooknn
    Cooknn Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @Jon said:
    > Another thing that fixes it for me is to alter the date on one of the transactions so they both occur on the same day. That way, the balance at the end of each day (which is what the graph seems to be looking at) never gets up in the 6 figure range. I'd put something in the memo for the transaction explaining why the date is off.
    That's a good idea. I will probably put them back this way. Thanks guys. Way more help here than doing a Google search. Everyone pretty much just gave up everywhere I looked.
This discussion has been closed.