Recurring issue with Quicken deleting two investment register transactions

Jim Hamren
Jim Hamren Member ✭✭
I have had and continue to have an issue where Quicken deletes two investment register transactions where I close out an old account. When this happens the account shows up with a positive balance rather than zero. It happens quarterly when I download transactions from Fidelity for another account that has no relation whatsoever to the account that is affected. Has anyone else had a problem like this. How can I get this issue in front of the Quicken developers??? I have Quicken Premier for Windows and it is always kept current.

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    I have had and continue to have an issue where Quicken deletes two investment register transactions where I close out an old account. When this happens the account shows up with a positive balance rather than zero. It happens quarterly when I download transactions from Fidelity for another account that has no relation whatsoever to the account that is affected. Has anyone else had a problem like this. How can I get this issue in front of the Quicken developers??? I have Quicken Premier for Windows and it is always kept current.
    Hello @Jim Hamren

I am sorry to hear about this problem with investment transactions disappearing. Thank you for asking about this here on the Quicken Community. 

First, I will need some additional information. Is this behavior happening in the closed account, and are you noticing this occurring in situations with more than one financial institution being involved? When did this issue begin? Are these investment accounts brokerages? 

Also, toggle the sort order by clicking the word Date at the top of the associated column in the 'Enter Transactions' list within the Home tab, and make sure that the triangular arrow in the same box is facing downward.

I hope to hear your response.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
This discussion has been closed.