Can't delete old online payees

Options
I have about 10 old online payees in Quicken (from about 2014) that I cannot delete. The problem I believe is that they have no match in my Chase online payee list. Everytime I try to delete one, the next time I do a Quicken Update, I get an error message, and then when I close and reopen quicken that Online payee is back. I tri.QIF ed exporting my data to a .QIF file, hoping to edit it, and then re-importing it, but the file includes no online payees. Does anyone have any ideas?

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I have about 10 old online payees in Quicken (from about 2014) that I cannot delete. The problem I believe is that they have no match in my Chase online payee list. Everytime I try to delete one, the next time I do a Quicken Update, I get an error message, and then when I close and reopen quicken that Online payee is back. I tri.QIF ed exporting my data to a .QIF file, hoping to edit it, and then re-importing it, but the file includes no online payees. Does anyone have any ideas?
    Hello @Richard Teitelman

I am sorry to hear about these problems with payees refusing to be removed. Thank you for asking about this here on the Quicken Community.

Where is your current active data file located? You can find this anytime by going to File > Show this file on my computer... in the upper menu at the top of the screen. 

Also, I want to confirm that you are taking these steps when trying to remove the online billers in Quicken:

1. Navigate to Tools
    2. Select Online Payee List
    3. Select the outdated biller in the list that appears
    4. Click Delete in the lower right-hand corner of the window

I look forward to hearing back from you about this issue. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
This discussion has been closed.