Fix Paycheck transfers

Laura170
Laura170 Member
Paycheck deductions are totally messed up for amounts being transferred to a different checking account. I reconciled the bank accounts last month and all was fine. I go in now to work on this month and the amounts are $1,000 more for 2 paychecks. I will be hours straightening out these errors. Amounts are all wrong and appear to be made up to force the created mess into balance. Is there a fix for this mess?

Answers

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Laura170 said:
    Paycheck deductions are totally messed up for amounts being transferred to a different checking account. I reconciled the bank accounts last month and all was fine. I go in now to work on this month and the amounts are $1,000 more for 2 paychecks. I will be hours straightening out these errors. Amounts are all wrong and appear to be made up to force the created mess into balance. Is there a fix for this mess?
    Hello @Laura170

I am sorry to hear about these issues with Paycheck amounts. Thank you for inquiring about this here on the Quicken Community. 

It sounds as though your paychecks are experiencing random changes in the amounts assigned to them, is this correct? Where is your current active data file located? You can check this anytime by going to File > Show this file on my computer.... in the upper menu at the top of the screen. 

Also, when did this issue begin and have you noticed this behavior after restoring from a backup? We recommend saving backups frequently by going to File > Copy or Backup File... in the upper menu at the top of the screen. Provided that this has been done regularly, there should be a recent backup available that can be restored by going to File > Restore a Backup File... in the same menu mentioned previously. I am curious if these amounts remain unfamiliar after restoring a recent backup stored just prior to when this issue began, and whether or not you see the issue recurring. 

I look forward to hearing more from you about this. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Laura170
    Laura170 Member
    my file is saved on my C drive of my computer. I was able to download the fix and it didn't change anything but I figured out how to fix the amounts without re=typing them in. I just noticed it today for the last 2 paychecks I had. as I said my account was reconciled so that changes were automatic and only noticed upon trying to reconcile again. no I haven't restored a back up copy in years. this is with the current file.
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Laura170 said:
    my file is saved on my C drive of my computer. I was able to download the fix and it didn't change anything but I figured out how to fix the amounts without re=typing them in. I just noticed it today for the last 2 paychecks I had. as I said my account was reconciled so that changes were automatic and only noticed upon trying to reconcile again. no I haven't restored a back up copy in years. this is with the current file.
    Hello @Laura170

Thank you for continuing to work with me on this problem. I am sorry that the resolution remains unclear, for now. 

Were these transactions associated with any particular category or financial institution? Also, I want to reiterate that saving backups frequently is extremely helpful, especially in situations like this, as backups can help us isolate the issue. 

In any case, if you notice this happening again, I recommend creating a new data file by going to File > New Quicken File... in the upper menu at the top of the screen, then selecting New Quicken File. After this, create a file name and save the file locally, to your computer. In this new 'test' file, try adding non-Charles Schwab associated accounts that seem to be affected by this problem by going to the Add Account button in the upper left-hand corner of the screen, denoted by the '+' icon. I am curious if you notice this problem occurring across your original and 'test' data files.

I hope this is helpful, and feel free to reach out with any additional questions or concerns. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
This discussion has been closed.