ComEd bill problem

Options
Anyone else have problems with Quicken and ComEd linked bill? Quicken regularly (every month) has a problem with presenting the latest ComEd bill and amount. For example today, May 2, Quicken says "Awaiting next bill" but if I log in to the ComEd site, the bill was issued April 21. I've unlinked waited 1+ months for new billing cycle then relinked. Quicken never seems to work right with this biller. I have only one other linked account (Nicor) and it never has any issues.

Best Answer

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hello @Gregg107,

Thank you for updating me and letting me know that you were able to properly connect to your ComEd e-biller.

I did also perform an internal refresh on the biller so hopefully, you will not experience these errors again. 

Please do not hesitate to reach out with any further questions or concerns. 

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

Answers

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options
    Hello @Gregg107,

Thank you for contacting the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing this error. 

I have looked into your ebiller connection internally and your account is showing as locked due to a one-time verification code requirement. If you have not received this code when setting up with your ComEd ebiller, then I suggest reaching out to them in regards to the verification code requirement. I do recommend requesting to speak to a tier 2 agent or a supervisor as they generally are more familiar with third-party applications such as Quicken. 

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Jasmine

• Gregg107
    Gregg107 Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Thanks for the reply Jasmine, but the account is not locked. The account does use 2FA successfully when I log in to their site. Quicken puts that "locked" message up every alternate time it tries to connect. I use "retry" after I get the "locked" message from Quicken, then Quicken reports that the bill is not available. Only occasionally does this go away and Quicken successfully presents the linked bill. So Quicken is able to successfully connect and present the linked bill, just not consistently.
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Options
    Hello @Gregg107,

Thank you for updating me and providing more information.

I suggest you try to Review and Repair Online billers. However, I do recommend that you save a backup of your data file first (just in case). After that, please navigate to the Bills & Income tab and click on the gear icon on the top-right. Then, click on Review and Repair > Review and Repair Online Billers in the dropdown menu.

Once that is done, see if the issue still continues to persist.

Let us know how it goes! 

-Quicken Jasmine

• Gregg107
    Gregg107 Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Additional info. I unlinked the bill and deleted the online biller "ComEd". Then I restarted Quicken and went through the process of setting up ComEd as an online biller again. Setup was successful and the latest bill shows with the correct amount and due date.

However, if you note from my first post, I've gone through these steps multiple times over the last several months. So I was reporting the experience here to see if others have a similar problem. Maybe Quicken support and developers will look beyond the "try again" solution since obviously there is some problem with how Quicken and this ebill are connecting.
  • Gregg107
    Gregg107 Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes, I used review & repair previously but that did not clear up the problem. Only unlink/delete/relink worked. I'll see how this latest linkage works in the next cycle and post any problems back here. Thanks again for the suggestions.
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hello @Gregg107,

Thank you for updating me and letting me know that you were able to properly connect to your ComEd e-biller.

I did also perform an internal refresh on the biller so hopefully, you will not experience these errors again. 

Please do not hesitate to reach out with any further questions or concerns. 

-Quicken Jasmine

• Gregg107
    Gregg107 Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi -- update with new info. This cycle (today, 25 days later), ComEd again showed "Your account is locked". I clicked Update Bill, and after a lot of spinning, Q prompted for my ComEd user ID and password. Once I entered that Q prompted me for the MFA/OTP code which I had received on my phone. So I *think* the problem here is that the ComEd MFA token is expiring in the month long cycle between bills and so Q errors out when trying to update.
This discussion has been closed.