Account Import Not Recognizing Transactions.

Options
I manually downloaded 37 transactions and ran File Import. Every one of the 37 transactions showed up twice in the credit card account. I then deleted all 37 by selected all the new transactions and then Delete. When I try to File, Import again it apparently runs but there is no response or error. I do not see the new transitions to accept and there is no error message. I closed and reopened Quicken, also re download the file. I cannot get the Account to see, accept or import transactions into this account. I had no issues importing into a different account. Any suggestions?

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    damackler said:
    I manually downloaded 37 transactions and ran File Import. Every one of the 37 transactions showed up twice in the credit card account. I then deleted all 37 by selected all the new transactions and then Delete. When I try to File, Import again it apparently runs but there is no response or error. I do not see the new transitions to accept and there is no error message. I closed and reopened Quicken, also re download the file. I cannot get the Account to see, accept or import transactions into this account. I had no issues importing into a different account. Any suggestions?
    Hello @damackler

I am sorry for any distress this inability to re-obtain these previously downloaded transactions. Thank you for looking to the Quicken Community for discussion and assistance.

Unfortunately, transactions that are imported, once deleted, cannot be downloaded and imported again. This is a design feature that is meant to prevent duplicate transactions. While you can manually reenter these transactions, you also have the option to restore a backup file by going to File > Restore a Backup File... in the upper menu at the top of the screen. We recommend saving backups by going to File > Copy or Backup File... in the upper menu mentioned previously so that recent backups are available. Please note that you would want to restore from a backup saved prior to when you had first downloaded the 37 transactions in question.

If the transactions were deleted a short time ago, and no other actions have been taken in the associated register(s), you can also right-click on any transaction within the register, itself, and click on Undo Delete to try to restore these transactions.

I hope this is helpful.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • damackler
    damackler Member
    Options
    Thank you, this explains the situation. I was able to restore the previous backup and import the transactions.
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    damackler said:
    Thank you, this explains the situation. I was able to restore the previous backup and import the transactions.
    Hello @damackler

I am so happy to hear that you were able to achieve a resolution. I also want to thank you for taking the time to check back in with me and let me know about your results after implementing the recommendations you received. 

Feel free to reach out with any additional questions or concerns.

Thanks again,

Quicken Jared 
This discussion has been closed.